Hopefully a positive Pip story to give some hope. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hopefully a positive Pip story to give some hope.

Options
Beesmummy798
Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there I'm from Northern Ireland and our Pip waiting times have also been extremely long. 5 months+ from applying to decision. 
I first applied for Pip on 5th May, got my forms, sent them back and got a text msg on 17th June to say they've got them. I sent in 7 day diary entries, a monthly budgeting planner, a 7day care plan/rota and a weekly shopping list with meal planner which my family do out for me which shows how much care they have to provide for me , a list of medications with descriptions of how they affect me. I also have a great family Dr who called and said she provided a report to them. I just got a call from Capita on Thurs to ask if I could be available for a telephone assessment this Monday to be asked a few questions. The girl was so nice and said if she asked me a few security questions I could have my support worker answer the questions on my behalf.
Just sharing a positive experience, I'm wondering if all the bad press here about Pip and mental health are making them up their game?
Nervous for Monday but I hope the right decision is made. Will let yous know how it goes x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Thanks for sharing with us 

Lots of people are successful but you don't really hear their stories on a forum like this as they have no reason to need help and support 
  • Beesmummy798
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi janer1967 hope you are well, Mines isn't a success story just yet. I was turned down for Pips in 2017 and never took it any further, but I used this forum, read through posts etc, it's been so insightful. Maybe things will change soon for waiting times, assessments and successful outcomes for people. I have needed this forum and have asked questions before and read both positive and negative stories. Just like to share a 'hopefully' positive through the help of scope. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks it's great you are thinking of others going through the same 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for posting I suffer with mental illness and I get pip I also had to wait a long time for my telephone assessment . My call was just over two hours and my partner had to answer on my behalf but she kept wanting to speak to me but I was so anxious I was having a really bad day that day . Thanks for sharing this and let’s us all know how it goes xxx
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Without doubt there are tens of thousands positive experiences and I hope @Beesmummy798 yours continues to be one.

I think that overall waiting times will continue to be longer than they were pre-covid as there have been record numbers of new applications in the last three months, something in the region of 170,000
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Beesmummy798
    Options
    @cupcake88 that must've been distressing for you. 2 hours is a long time especially with anxiety, not a bit of wonder their assessment waiting times are so long. Hope you're ok take care xx
  • rosie99
    rosie99 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    @Beesmummy798 Hi how did the appeals go ? do you remember what questions specifically you were asked  ? Thanks a million in advance 
  • Beesmummy798
    Options
    @rosie99 hi there, hope you are well. I'm sorry I cant help you with a tribunal. I'm only just going my PIP process now and had my telephone assessment on 28/6. Hope you find some help here x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.