Sir Richard Branson Space Flight - Today - 2pm — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sir Richard Branson Space Flight - Today - 2pm

MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
What do you think? It sounds exciting, although not sure you would get me up there. 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I wouldn't mind a trip to space :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
              I can think of better things to spend money on  :|
  • RDani
    RDani Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    When you have as much money as these billionaires like Branson, Bezos & Musk money is irrelevant.  Bezos had to pay out 38 billion for his divorce.  He made half of that back within a few months.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
          I don't really care about how much money someone has @RDani I just think it's obscene that they choose to waste it when in 2021 people are homeless, hungry and desperate. How will wasting that much money benefit society!  I just don't get why they can't use their wealth to help others who have nothing. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    And what about the pollution from all these aircraft, they should be made to pay extortionate amounts in pollution tax. That applies to normal rocket take offs too.

all unnecessary imo. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• RDani
    The things these guys do like this 'space race' is advancing science as a whole for the entire planet, there is also Musk with his electric cars. 
    If you want to blame anyone for them not 'paying their share' blame the governments that let them get away with it.
  • MarkM88
    The time has now changed to 3.30pm.

http://www.virgingalactic.com/
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Branson does give a lot to charity.  If this idea takes off, he'll be able to make more profit from other super-rich people which will also be given to charity...as well as the scientific advances mentioned above too. 
  • MarkM88
    Did anyone watch the live feed? I was on YouTube. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn't @MarkN88, how was it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    @Ross_Scope I enjoyed it but I did stop to think for a moment, I wonder what they will do if something serious goes wrong, but then it all went well so I was thinking in the end it must feel good. 
  • RDani
    The live stream barely worked, I think Amazon Web Services were hosting the connection
  • MarkM88
    RDani said:
    The live stream barely worked, I think Amazon Web Services were hosting the connection
    Bit of a few blips but I didn’t seem to have a lot of issues, saw quite a lot. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    ‘The Financial Times reveals EU plans to increase taxes on polluting fuels and to bring in a bloc-wide levy on kerosene in aviation.’ Sky news.

Someones thinking right anyway. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness