Backpay wait time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backpay wait time

lew0102
lew0102 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hi there does anyone know the current wait time to receive your back payment following your entitlement to lctw and wra 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

There is no fixed timescales it all depends on workload of your case manager 

It will need calculating then authorised and checj for debts before you get paid 
    Keep checking your old statements and when they change to include the extra payment they have done the calculations 
  • lew0102
    Check for debt does that mean advance payments or private debt aswell
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    lew0102 said:
    Check for debt does that mean advance payments or private debt aswell
    Any DWP debt (or Tax Credit debt transferred from HMRC to DWP for collection).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    Any debts to dwp or tax credits 

It can include advance payment 
  • lew0102
    So will my backpay go in with my Iv normal payment ie what I get a month plus the backpay

or will it go in as a separate payment on a random day 
  • calcotti
    lew0102 said:
    So will my backpay go in with my Iv normal payment ie what I get a month plus the backpay

or will it go in as a separate payment on a random day 
    Separate payment for the arrears.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • lew0102
    Okay sorry I’m asking a lot of questions just mother done this before, my last question is will I be notified when it has gone in or do I need to just keep checking the bank 
  • janer1967
    Just keep checking you might get notified in your journal 
  • lew0102
    Ahh okay that’s an issue as I don’t have online banking also in the letter it states I would receive a phone call which I haven’t received 
  • janer1967
    You might get a call if it didn't say when it could be anytime 

Can you use a cash machine to check your bank balance 
  • lew0102
    I only got awarded on Friday there’s no chance itl be in yet is their 
  • janer1967
    No there isn't a chance 

As I said keep checking your old online statement on your journal at least then it will have been calculated and will be in process 

• lew0102
    edited July 2021
    I have just received this letter a few minutes ago does that mean the payment should be in my account ? 
  • calcotti
    edited July 2021
    I would think it means it may be there already or may arrive in the next few days.

I would suggest you remove your name from the image you have posted.
  • janer1967
    If it has been paid it will take 3 to 5 days to clear in your bank account 
  • calcotti
  • lew0102
    The problem is I updated my bank details today and they have been verified I was just wondering will it be paid into my new account or old account 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Might be best to ask them that question as we are all just going to be speculating. 
  • calcotti
    lew0102 said:
    The problem is I updated my bank details today and they have been verified I was just wondering will it be paid into my new account or old account 
    As Mark says you will need to ask them but logically if the payment was authorised before you updated your bank account details it will go into the old account. if your new account was set up using bank switching and the old account is now closed I think the old bank should forward the payment to your new account.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @lew0102

I'd reinforce what our members have said, in that contacting the Universal Credit department will be your best option for reliable advise. 

Also, I've deleted a duplicate thread you made in connection to this question and removed your full name from the attached letter to protect your identity.  Please bear in mind our house rules in the future and note that the sharing of personal details is not allowed to protect individual identities.

Please let us know how you get on and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.