Hi, I'm dodougai19! My PIP claim was unsuccessful, can anyone help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm dodougai19! My PIP claim was unsuccessful, can anyone help?

Options
dodougai19
dodougai19 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
last weel i got refused for pip and i kave bad health problems

Comments

• dodougai19
    dodougai19 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    i need help with it

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Your next step will be to put in a mandatory reconsideration the details will be in your letter 

Do it in writing putting down the descriptors you think you should have been scored point 

Detail why you should get them giving real examples of what happens when you try and do the tasks 

There is lots of info on this in our pip section 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dodougai19 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry that your PIP claim wasn't successful, & that you have bad health problems. As Jane says, you should see the details about a Mandatory Reconsideration towards the end of the decision letter you received. A Mandatory Reconsideration is just asking another decision maker to look at your claim again. You need to ideally return this within one month from the date of your decision letter (you can do it within 13 months, but need to give a reason for your late response). You can fill this form in online, then print it off: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683380/if-you-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF     & there are some notes on completing this form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683381/how-to-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF     Alternatively you can just write a letter putting your name & National Insurance number on each page.
    Try & give a couple of real life examples as to how you were at the time of your assessment for each activity/descriptor that applies; describe what happened when you attempted or did an activity. Did anyone see the problems you had, why did it happen, what exactly happened, & how did it leave you feeling afterwards?
    It's also very important to say if you can't do an activity 'reliably,' that is safely, to an acceptable standard, or repeat it as often as you would like, or if it takes you more than twice as long as someone who hasn't got your health problems.
    If you haven't seen a list of these activities or descriptors, you can find them here: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf    Please also read the notes at the end.
    Please come back with any questions.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @dodougai19 Hello there and welcome to our online community :) How are you doing today?

Have the replies received helped you think about the next steps in progressing your PIP claim?  Would you feel comfortable asking for a mandatory reconsideration (MR)?

If you feel that external help from someone specifically trained in welfare would be useful, please visit the Advice Local website.  If you enter your postcode and select 'Welfare benefits' from the drop down list, you will see a list of free local organisations on the next screen who could help.

In the mean-time, I've amended the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category which is our home for all things PIP related.  Good luck and please keep us updated with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.