PIP WAITING TIME — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP WAITING TIME

12091978 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
It's 12 weeks today since they received my ' How my Disability affects me form ' and nothing from them! These waiting times are so frustrating! Should i contact them ? Or any advice would be great many thanks 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    As numerous threads on the forum attest there are long delays for assessments at present, many claimants are waiting six months. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Someone the other day said been waiting since last November hun? It is a long wait :disappointed: unfortunately everything is taking longer! Even post I sent in took several weeks twice for them to actually get it! ??
     If it would help you then call them I did once and they did their best to try and make me less anxious? But they couldn't tell me anything much time wise other than telling me that there's a backlog due to covid? So not sure what you can do that will actually be useful to you? :disappointed:
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 521 Pioneering
    Hi,

I applied back in November 2020 and only just had my assessment on 29th June 2021. There are huge backlogs at the moment and DWP are saying it takes roughly 10 months to fully complete a claim. You could try to contact DWP but probably won't get anywhere apart from them saying its with the assessors and they will get to you when they get to you.

The wait is so frustrating and its gets worst after having an assessment and waiting for your decision. Its just adding more stress on an already stressful life.

Hope you get seen soon.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.