Help understanding SDP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help understanding SDP

gadele
gadele Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
hi I have recently been awarded pip standard rate to dec2019 at the time I was in receipt of income support I was told I would be able to apply for SDP that I should of been entitled too at the time 

I have called and filled out the form over the phone today 
I’m just wondering if anyone can help / advise …. And let me know how long it took for your claim to be sorted when you have done this. Thank you ! 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually putting SDP in place is quite quick but if you no longer receive IS I guess it may take a bit longer.
    What benefits (if any) do you now receive?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gadele
    @calcotti i receive UC now and lcwra within that 
  • calcotti
    gadele said:
    @calcotti i receive UC now and lcwra within that 
    Once you have confirmation of the SDP in IS, if your UC claim follows on directly from the IS claim, you should let UC know in case you are entitled to the SDP transitional element for any part of your UC claim history.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gadele
    @calcotti
    thank you I’m not sure if I will be entitled to this as I changed to UC myself it wasn’t a transition or change of circumstances I thought it was easier to deal with everything at once than differently but at the time I was still appealing PIP I didn’t realise there was such thing as SDP 

• calcotti
    gadele said:
    @calcotti
    thank you I’m not sure if I will be entitled to this as I changed to UC myself 
    You may still have an initial entitlement although it will have been superseded by the LCWRA if that was only determined later.
  • gadele
    edited July 2021
    @calcotti my claim for UC was made may last year and then LCWRA was awarded in sept. (due to them saying you don’t get paid for the first 3 sick notes ) 
  • calcotti
    So you may be entitled to SDP transitional element for those first three months.
  • gadele
    @calcotti

thank you ! I will pop a note in my journal enquiring whilst I await hearing anything about SDP 
  • calcotti
    gadele said:
    @calcotti

thank you ! I will pop a note in my journal enquiring whilst I await hearing anything about SDP 
    I would wait until you have confirmation of the SDP in IS - until then it's a hypothetical question.
  • gadele
    @calcotti just an update. I rang this morning and they have sorted out my claim and money will be in my account Thursday …. It took 24 hours ! Amazing ! I have also left a message in my journal for uc but nothing back from them as of yet. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @gadele Ah great news!  Thanks for updating us, I'm sure that has come as a welcome relief :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.