Dla to Pip changeover — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to Pip changeover

Options
pebbleshale
pebbleshale Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Good afternoon all 

My son has been awarded Dla since the age of 5, he has autism, aspergers a condition called DAMP. he suffers with ankle and feet issues and has had an award of middle or high care and High mobility. We were due our telephone assezment last year but the PIP assesors sent the letter to our old home. Anyhow they rang and we advised we knew nothing about this and were not prepared. We reiterated the correct address and they said they would be in touch. They never did we had an e tension to our dla award and I sat and waited. However a letter has came in saying, there extending our dla until the pip assesment is done. Fine I thought I shall get a letter soon to change over to Pip as he's not 18 until end July. Today I recieved a letter saying we have all the information they need and not to do anything and they will be in touch with there decisions soon. How can that be right? I knew Dla approval that would be a normal route, but I'm concerned...... Any thoughts  Thanks guys x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It sounds like your son may have had a paper based assessment rather than the phone assessment 

I may not be correct but that would seem the case 

If you want to find out for certain you will have to call them 
  • pebbleshale
    pebbleshale Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Oh really, I just didn't know that was a thing tbh. I understood during covid all sorts of strange things were occurring but felt it best to ask. I'm a bit concerned it was more of a zero award than paper assesment. However I would love nothing more than my son to wake up without any of his debilitating conditions! As I'm sure everyone would. So I'm assuming if they say no go I would surely have to question this? Thanks again .
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Paper based assessment have been around before the pandemic 

My last review 2019 was Paper based 

Just to point out that pip and dla are different and getting dla doesn't mean he will get pip 

Of course if he doesn't get an award then you can put in a mandatory reconsideration 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.