Assessors Report Time? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessors Report Time?

charlotte84
charlotte84 Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
Hello all I’m just wondering if anyone had any success stories regarding the assessors report waiting time i no Im not really making sense but I mean for instance I’ve seen on hear the dwp have received the assessors report the next day after the phone assessment mine assessment took nearly a week for the dwp to receive off the assessor do you think that could be good or bad news? I’m in a state here my anxiety is through the roof. X

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlotte84 - I'm sorry wondering about this has increased your anxiety, as it really doesn't mean anything about the length of time it takes the DWP to receive the assessor's report. As with so much to do with the DWP, timescales can vary such a lot. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 
    .as above it doesn't mean anything 

The assessor may have not been working for a few days after your assessment 

Also they all work differently some send reports back same day others may send them back after they have done a few all together 

Some will have days they do assessment and then do all their admin work on other days 

Try not to stress about things that are out of your control that you can do nothing about that's my theory 
  • Weestacey05
    Weestacey05 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I done my online assessment yesterday and got a txt today to say they have received the written assessment I was also wondering how long I could wait after that text today couldn’t believe how quick iv received that txt not sure if it’s a good thing or bad thing 
  • Weestacey05
    Weestacey05 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Sorry telephone assessment 
  • EKB2013
    EKB2013 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I received a text a week after assessment to start they had received the assessment report.
    I had money in my account 2 weeks later and the letter arrived the day after the money.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Weestacey05 - as above, the length of time between an assessment & finding out the DWP have received the assessor's report doesn't mean anything as to whether that might be good or bad. Of course we all hope for a good outcome for you all. :) It would be great if everyone had such a quick (& good) decision like @EKB2013 but unfortunately any timescales the DWP may give are just 'guidance.'

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.