Hi, I'm denise787! I have chronic IBS + multiple food allergies, is anyone else like me? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm denise787! I have chronic IBS + multiple food allergies, is anyone else like me?

denise787
denise787 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello  its nice to be a member of your community. I am a long term sufferer of ibs symptoms,  and now in my 50s have multiple food allergies. Is anyone in the community like me

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I don't suffer from ibs but there are some people who do on here 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @denise787 and a warm welcome to our online community.  How are you doing today?

I have Crohn's Disease and IBS so can empathise with your situation.  Has the doctor had much input in helping you manage your IBS or have you ever been referred to the hospital for investigative tests and a dietician referral?  

Just to let you know, I've amended the title of your thread to help others in a similar position spot it easier, and moved it to our Invisible Impairments category.  You might find it handy to browse this category to read about others experiences :) 

I hope you have a lovely day (it's looking like a sunny one!).  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • denise787
    denise787 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I sympathise it is very bad. I have been with two dieticians but because my turned into multiple food allergies by my middle 50s, they thought it would be best if I ate what I could eat. After lots of discussions with the medical professionals, I am finally making some progress. I think they are looking at a immunology department at one of the hospitals, for me to visit.@denise787

• Badbunny
    Badbunny Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    I have bowel issues  - it burst when I was younger and attached itself to my abdominal wall.  I have multiple food allergies and intolerances/sensitivities.  I have been diagnosed with oral allergy syndrome and am allergic to nuts, most fruit (some OK cooked but not raw), certain raw veg, soya, quorn... Brassicas upset my bowel and give me the most terrible abdominal cramps so no cauliflower or broccoli for me.  I also have non-cardiac chest pain that may be digestive-related.   I am fine with things like macaroni cheese and am a bit on the podgy side but cheese, rice, pasta and root veg are my safe foods.

Brightness