Hi, I'm charl1980! How long do you stay in the LCWRA group + when is it re-assessed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm charl1980! How long do you stay in the LCWRA group + when is it re-assessed?

Options
charl1980
charl1980 Community member Posts: 130 Courageous
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
My partner is on esa support component and we changed over to UC as we moved in together,when he was on esa they told him he wouldn't have to re sent for ever but now we on UC they put him on lcwra automatic they haven't said anything about how long he's on that element or if they will ever send for him a assessment,how do u find out
Tagged:

Comments

• charl1980
    Options
    He was getting support component of esa , and he's not been seen for over five years as it was so traumatic for him
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Lcwra has no end date it continues until he has a new assessment 

When that will be done is anyone's guess 

They can reassessed anytime from 3 months after the award 

There are currently massive backlogs for new claims and reassessment 
  • charl1980
    Options
    Thanks wondering if they say he wouldn't be reaccess for esa if that will be same for lcwra as he nearly had to get ambulance to him last time bad PTSD and nerves etc etc and esa said they won't send for him again on his files but now it's UC he's worried
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    His status from esa should transfer over to uc 

I would say call them buf that may just prompt a check 

I would try not to worry about it until anything happens 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @charl1980 - & firstly welcome to the community. As you possibly know LCWRA in UC is the equivalent of the ESA Support group, so that should continue. However, as far as I'm aware, he could be reassessed at any time, but as the DWP are busy with so many new claims (both for UC & PIP), this could be quite some time in the future. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi @charl1980 and a warm welcome from me too, how are you and your boyfriend today?  I hope everything is as good as can be.

Just to echo what our members have already said, your partner's support group status and award will transfer over to UC and beyond that we unfortunately couldn't confirm reassessment details.  Please try not to worry (I know, easier said than done) and if we can be of any further help in the future do let us know.  

Just to check, is your boyfriend getting enough support with his PTSD and anxiety?

For your info: I've tweaked the title of your thread and moved it to our UC category.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.