DWP phone call on a sunday. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP phone call on a sunday.

Harrington
Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
I done an MR around 10 weeks ago and have heard nothing, then this morning at 9.30am my landline rang but before I got to pick up it stopped and it turns out to be an 0800 number from DWP.. I have not called back as I feel it strange on a weekend...so I guess my question is has anyone heard of DWP calling on a Sunday?  if so would it be a good thing or would it mean more questions and such?  its just a call from DWP tends to bring stress or worry as many know on this forum! 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Yes dwp have been making calls on Sundays to try and clear backlogs 

We can't say what they wanted but would think it is to discuss your Mr 

They will probably call back might involve a few questions but  shouldn't be too in depth 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Yes they do call on weekends mine happened at 9am on Saturday and I've seen others get a call on Sundays I think the people are calling from home to catch up as I heard her dog etc in background ?? 
    Hopefully they call you back tomorrow ? 

• Harrington
    edited July 2021
    Hi everyone thanks for the replies it was just unexpected that's all, but I guess it makes sense with there being a back log and such, I will get important papers and things near to the phone ready as I never had a call before with MR  just by letter so it made me wonder what they wanted, but I wont know until they call again. Thanks again for the responses  :)  

• Harrington
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Yes dwp have been making calls on Sundays to try and clear backlogs 

We can't say what they wanted but would think it is to discuss your Mr 

They will probably call back might involve a few questions but  shouldn't be too in depth 
    Ah okay thanks

• Harrington
    Given the backlogs which inevitably pile up in a pandemic where people have to work from home or can’t work at all I’m never clear why weekend working would surprise anyone. 
    Ok thank you but never heard of DWP work on weekends.
  • Harrington
    Emilyb81 said:
    Yes they do call on weekends mine happened at 9am on Saturday and I've seen others get a call on Sundays I think the people are calling from home to catch up as I heard her dog etc in background ?? 
    Hopefully they call you back tomorrow ? 

Thanks so I will be on guard from now on as it could happen again tomorrow..
  • Emilyb81
  • Harrington
    @Emilyb81 Not as yet no but phone rang three times on Sunday and I missed them all, nothing after maybe they will ring again or I will get a letter, its been a long 10 weeks of waiting. I will let you all know when I hear back here's hoping for good news.
  • Emilyb81
    Hi not sure what happened but I commented yesterday saying what happened on my call? It's not here now so gawd knows what has happened! ☹️ Anyhoo it was only to say they just called and asked me questions same as assessment but she focused on the places where I believe I should of got points but didn't? So nothing to worry about ? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your update @Harrington - pleased you've been awarded standard rate for both components, so congratulations on your MR result. :)
  • Emilyb81
    That's great news @Harrington ??? it's a good feeling when you can finally relax a bit! I don't know about you but every day since I got refusal it's all I was able to think about! And not a day passed when it wasn't on my mind so it's brilliant to not need to worry quite so much! I mean no more than normal ? have a fab day peep's xx
  • Harrington
    @Emilyb81 Yes it was on my mind and I was stressed out as my review was 10 months ago so I have been filling forms sending evidence and had phone calls for all that time, being under doubt is a horrible feeling maybe I can relax until they do it to me all over again in 2026!,i went through this before with my last review it very stressful,

how is your MR claim going? any results as yet? I do hope you get a good result it just goes to show MR is so worth doing.. 
  • Emilyb81
    ? i got my MR decision nearly 2 weeks ago now and it was good news thank God! I went from losing both awards id had for many years ☹️ to enhance both for 10 yrs!
    So glad i managed to push myself to do the MR because i was very low and depressed! Im happy you have had your decision too! ??
     Just wish more people got the correct decision without having to push so hard when already poorly but thats a whole other cab of worms so i will shhhhh now ?? 
  • Harrington
    @Emilyb81 Great that you had a correct out come but its such a hard thing to go through when we are already not well, its unnecessary stress and shouldn't be that way. Out of habit I seem to forget the fight is over but its unwind time now!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.