Hi, my name is altom! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is altom!

altom
altom Community member Posts: 4 Listener
YES,I have SIRVA! It has impacted negatively on my quality of life. I am now semi-disabled in my left arm. This was from a shingles Injection in August 2020 which was given as a "stab" by a Nurse very tired and in a rush.It was administered too high up in my arm.I am alergic to many pain killers and so am in constant pain.I am a Carer for my partner and now cannot to many jobs that I used to.Initilaly the G.P did not beleive me so I had to pay for an Ultrasound privately to prove my injury.I am devasted and not sure how to proceed.I need advice and help from someone profession who will believe me!!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There are lots of discussions on this in the community 

Have a look at the recent discussions section 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @altom

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear of your experiences with SIRVA. As mentioned by Jane, we have many members who have been through something similar so feel free to browse the community and find those discussions.

How are you finding your care responsibilities to your partner? Has this injry impacted your ability to do those? 

It might be worth requesting to be referred to a new GP, in the hope that they are able to help you more.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • altom
    Thanks! Yes,it has affected my caring responsabilities. We are in Sheltered Council Housing Bungalow and I care for the large garden as he cannot and we share househld duties. Every job is now very very painful. We don't want to change G.P as he has been very very good to my partner and helpe him get early retirement after Nursing for over 40 years. Also to get a Motorbility car..
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @altom, thanks for your response. I see, I appreciate you telling me that, has your partner ever had a local authority needs assessment to determine whether social care can help with his needs and take some of that responsibility from yourself?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • altom
    He hasn't but would not want that.. We can manage O.K at present. I just want to be fit again as I was before having that shingles Jab which was not administered professionaly with due care and now I have SIRVA!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Okay @altom, I understand. I hope you are able to get some support soon for your shoulder, it sounds very inconvenient.

• altom

Brightness