Can you help us think of 100 ways to Make It Count? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you help us think of 100 ways to Make It Count?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited July 2021 in Coffee lounge

We come to you today with exciting news about ‘Make It Count’.  Scope’s new, fully accessible fundraising campaign taking place between 24 August to 5 September 2021.

Purple Make it Count logo with purple stopwatch design 

What is Make It Count about?

Make It Count is an exercise challenge happening alongside the Paralympics in Tokyo this year, based around the simple idea of getting people moving!

Co-produced with disabled groups, the challenge is designed to be fully inclusive of people with all impairments, redressing the many years of sports exclusion disabled people have faced.

How can I take part?

Unlike other challenges that focus on steps or distance, Make It Count is all about time; spending time getting active in whatever way you like! To take part you need to:

1. Choose an active challenge to take on during the 13 days. It could be anything from walking, wheeling or running, to yoga, dancing or keepy uppies! A daily challenge, a one off, or anything in between. Alone, or in a team. It’s your call, and your challenge.
  2. Clock up minutes. Aim for a target, or see how you go. Whether it’s 5 or 500 minutes, whatever is an achievable challenge for you.
  3. Raise funds for Scope. There’s no fundraising target, but if you raise over £100 you’ll get an exclusive Make It Count medal to mark you achievement.

Everyone who signs up will get their very own Make It Count page to collect sponsorship and log those all-important minutes. We’ll pool everyone’s minutes into a totaliser on the challenge homepage, so we can celebrate the collective time that we all spent getting active to support equality for disabled people.

Why should I take part?

Make It Count is a fab opportunity to set yourself a personal goal and go about achieving it.  While any money you raise, will help Scope continue fighting for disabled people’s equality and delivering vital services for disabled people and their families.

Visit the Make It Count website for more details on how to get involved or ask one of the online community team.

Over to you:

Scope’s online community team are a competitive lot and are looking for ideas on ways to get us all moving for Make It Count. 

On this thread, we’re asking you to give us your activity suggestions, and who knows maybe you might be inspired to take part with us!  I’ll start us at 100, and if you could help us count down to zero commenting with a new activity each time, then we’d be super chuffed and motivated to get going!

100: 100 seconds of roly poly’s (yes I feel dizzy thinking about that too)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

Brightness