MR questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR questions

em444
em444 Community member Posts: 103 Connected
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning  All
Hope everyone is well.

Just very quick question please 
I've sent a support worker letter, with my MR letter.
But recently been advised that, the DM won't bother to look at it, and score 0 points again.
We went through descriptors and wrote down how they apply to my daily routine.
I thought this would have some impact, on them changing their minds. Shall  I still carry on with  MR ?
Thanks for all advice and ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You don't have to send further evidence 

The new decision maker will look at everything again and maybe make a different decision 

Success rate is quite low at MR but not impossible 

You need to continue with it and if unsuccessful you can then appeal to the tribunal 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Anything you sent will be looked at by the new Decision Maker.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • em444
    Morning  All 
    Hope everyone Is well 
    So I've been waiting a month, thinking that, It had got lost In the post !
    This Morning  I  called the DWP, and after a month, finally  its arrived. 
    So,  its now going..to be another month, of anxiety  ?  awaiting a  decision. 

• janer1967
    Hi there 

At least they have your Mr but you might find you are waiting longer than 1 month for a decision fingers crossed for you 

• em444
    Hiya,
    Yes, I fully expect it to be more like 3 to be honest. From what I've heard, and read.
    Thanks for the support ?
    I have GAD, so waiting Isnt my greatest strength  !! 
    I know I'm only one of thousands, but you never know ??
  • LeeA380
    LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
    My MR took exactly 8 weeks to the day. From the moment I posted it to them, to the moment I received a phone call to go over some final details (on Monday). I was told that the MR would be changed to a success, although I haven't recieved any arrears yet. I hope the lady on the phone was not lying to me lol
  • em444
    edited August 2021
    Hi All
    Hope you're well and having a better Monday, than I'm having.
    Apologies, my anxiety is sky high today.
    Just spoken to PIP advisor,  as its been 3 weeks, since my MR was scanned, onto system.
    I just wondered If anything had progressed. She said, we've got It, and when a decision is made, we will let you know. So that didn't really tell me If it was being looked at, or not. 
    She also said, if they can't decide with the extra evidence, then they will call me In for a medical. Is this normal procedure , at MR stage ?

Thanks In advance for kind advice

EM444

• janer1967
    Hi there

When you call the helpline you are speaking to an outsourced call handler who will have no idea if your Mr is being looked at 

All they will know is that it has been received 

It's not normal practice to have another assessment at Mr the new decision maker may call to ask a few additional questions for clarification but not a assessment 
  • em444
    Many Thanks 
    Mike & Janer ?
  • em444
    Morning All 
    Hope you're all keeping well 
    My anxiety is through the roof  ??‍♀️ 
    Just called PIP, about my MR, and  after 5 weeks, still not been looked at.
    Very nice lady  said, its taking around 9 to 10 weeks to be processed.
    All I can think of, Is waiting, and then being told NO again. Then having to endure a tribunal. I did send a detailed letter from my support/ wellbeing advisor. She listed all descriptors relevant to me, and how they affect my daily living and mobility. So Im kind of hoping,  that this will help to reconsider. But I've also heard, that they Ignore extra evidence. Has anyone experienced this issue  ? 
    Thanks so much in advance 
    EM444
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The timescales are a guide only but you're looking at anything up to 3 months sometimes longer. The success rate of MR's is currently about 50%. I realise it's stressful just waiting but there's nothing more you can do until the decision's been made. A different decision maker will look at all evidence again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • em444
    Thanks Poppy
    I know I'm only one of thousands, but having GAD, makes it feel 10 times worse. I am aware, I can be slightly OTT about things. Thanks for your honesty 
    Best wishes 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry the wait is making you feel anxious @em444. Are you able to distract yourself with anything that usually calms your anxiety a little? If I'm worried about something, I try to fill empty time with relaxing activities that I enjoy to take my mind off of things, like watching TV, doing sudoku puzzles, or listening to music. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • natasha1776
    natasha1776 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Ive I’ve been waiting over 10 weeks now. When I submitted my mr they told me 7 weeks. I rang at 9 weeks and said to ring back after 10 as that was the new time scale. I rang this week as over 10 to be told again to wait a few more weeks it still hadn’t been assigned to a dessision maker. Long like time of depression and anxiety along with other health conditions this form I submitted since January as been on of the more stressful things I’ve done. Including a increase of panic attacks ? xxx
  • em444
    That sounds dreadful 
    Sorry to hear that you've been waiting all this time. If they only realised, how much stress and anxiety they cause, by making people wait. I was told there wasn't a backlog for MR decisions. So I dont know why its taking so long. All they have to do is look at the information and say Yes or No

• Alicia89
    Alicia89 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    I've been waiting 11 weeks now. I had the decision maker ring a week ago and asked a few questions then told me a decision would be made the end of this week yet when I ring earlier no decision had been made. I don't understand why drag it out if it's going to be a no. My anxiety is through the roof since she rang last week. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear about your wait as well @natasha1776. Waiting times can unfortunately be quite long at the moment, and it's difficult for anyone to predict any timescales. 

I'm also sorry to read that you've been experiencing more panic attacks recently, and that your depression and anxiety seem to be affecting you more. Are you receiving any support for your mental health currently? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    em444 said: All they have to do is look at the information and say Yes or No
    Just looking at the information can take quite a while depending on how much of it there is and they then need to decide how that information relates to the qualifying criteria. One of the reasons decisions are often poor is, I suspect, that not enough time is spent doing this. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • private_Scoper
    private_Scoper Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    Please keep up all updated. Best of luck 
  • em444
    Good Afternoon All
    Hope you're well, and enjoying the sun.
    Just thought I'd update, on my MR situation.
    I've just spoken with my local mp,  and she is emailing the dwp, today.
    She certainly sounded like, she may be able to help with my claim.
    She said that, they would get back to her a lot quicker, than if I wrote to them. 
    So fingers crossed ? 
    My MR was registered on 28th June, and still not been reviewed.
    Thanks in advance, for any advice or comments.
    EM444 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.