Money Recieved in bank account today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Money Recieved in bank account today

rubin16
rubin16 Community member Posts: 348 Pioneering
Hi,

Just to update everyone I applied for PIP back in November 2020, Had my assessment on the 29th June 2021 and today noticed I had a big payment to my bank account. Working it out it looks like they have gone with my assessment report and only awarded me Standard Daily Living only. I know I should get more points but is it worth doing an MR when the decision letter comes?

I'm just sick of all the stress so I'm happy with any award I get, as it will now help so much and I can finally get my finances back in order. But I know I could score more and potentially get more, I don't know if its worth the stress though, are MR's easy to do?

Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Thanks for sharing with us 

If you think you should get a higher award then do the mr 

They are not hard to do 

All you need is to go through the descriptors you think you should get more points and say why

Give real examples of what happened when you last tried to do the task 

The affect it has,  any aids support or prompting 

If you can't do it why not 

There is lots of info in our pip section 
  • rubin16
    Hi Thanks for your reply,

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, as I see on here so many people who should get points but don't get an award. But I think its worth doing an MR when the decision letter comes. I'm going to get my step-dad and Nan to do a supportive letter detailing where I struggle in terms of descriptors and where I need help in or prompting and go into more detail as I struggled during the phone assessment so didn't say much.

I guess I have nothing to lose as even if the outcome is the same, I'm still happy with any award I get so aslong as doing an MR doesn't affect the current award i.e losing it.

I'm just waiting for the decision letter to come, then I will read up on how to do an MR, but if anyone has any more advice on MR's and the best way to approach them please let me know.

Thanks for all your help.
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    @rubinheath16 I can only speak to my own experience.  I was awarded the same as you standard DL, and I was pleased to be awarded anything.  However, when I received the award letter it was clear there had been a couple of misunderstandings between myself and the Assessor.

I submitted a MR focusing solely on those "misunderstandings" and reiterating what I had included in my original application in terms of explanation/anecdotal evidence, plus more recent anecdotal evidence.  I received a telephone call, maximum 10min duration, the new Decision Maker was very focused on the issues I'd raised.  The MR outcome was enhanced DL, standard mobility.

I'd say, once you receive your award letter and the details of the DMs rationale as to how the points were awarded, if you still believe your award should be a higher one, submit a MR.

Good luck with whatever you decide.  :) 

• hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Hi @rubinheath16. I had my assessment report the same day as you and I am still waiting for a copy of the report. How quickly did you get it? I know all areas are different but it would be helpful to know. 
  • rubin16
    edited July 2021

I received a text to say they got my assessment and had all the information to make a decision on Friday 2nd July. I phoned DWP on Monday 5th July for a copy of my report, and it arrived the next day Tuesday 6th July (I was surprised how fast it was posted and received for 2nd class post).

Hope this helps,
  • hughiemachrins
    Thanks @rubinheath16, I may have to call them again. The lady I spoke to said she would print it off and send it out that day and that was ten days ago.
  • rubin16
    Yeah I would phone them up and request your report again, 10 days seems along time to wait even for 2nd Class post.

I hope you get your report soon and its good news and shows what your expecting.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @rubinheath16
    Just so you know, you can have your award reduced at MR, although it isn't common. Also, you have 1 month (or it might be 28 days - anyone?) to tell them you're doing an MR, from the date of the decision letter you receive. You might want to start looking at how to do an MR now.

Cheers
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Waylay said:
    ..you have 1 month (or it might be 28 days - anyone?) to tell them you're doing an MR, from the date of the decision letter you receive. 
    You can do an MR at any time within 13 months of a decision although DWP will consider it late after one month. If they refuse to accept it because it is late you can take the original decision to a tribunal.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • hughiemachrins
    Yeah I would phone them up and request your report again, 10 days seems along time to wait even for 2nd Class post.

I hope you get your report soon and its good news and shows what your expecting.
    I called this morning and while they have a note saying I requested a copy of the report, there is no note to say that it has been sent. He is sending out another one so, the wait goes on!
  • hughiemachrins
    Typical! The report arrived this morning and it is not good. He has ignored the fact that I use gadgets in the kitchen when cooking (stool, lever taps, jar openers, ring pull openers) so I only got 6 points instead of 8. He has completely ignored my walking problems and says I can walk more than 200m so 0 on Moving Around. I will wait for the official decision but it looks like an MR is needed. 
  • cwatson0000
    cwatson0000 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    I had my assessment on 17th June… had a text on the 28th to say they have the assessment and I should hear back within 8 weeks. Then I got a letter on the 12th July that was dated the 6th July to say they have all the information they need to make a decision. Would it be worth calling them up and asking for a copy of the assessment report, or do you have to wait until you’ve received your decision letter to do that? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cwatson0000 - it's up to you really......some prefer to wait for their decision letter, & others want to get a copy of the assessor's report so ring the DWP, but, yes, you can get it now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You can request the report but it can cause some stress if it isn't what you expected 

Also it isn't the decision so you still have to wait and see what the outcome is 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.