PIP/UC and Learning at college. If I took a course, would DWP say I'm fit for work? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP/UC and Learning at college. If I took a course, would DWP say I'm fit for work?

Options
steveo928
steveo928 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
In May I sent off the WCA form detailing my struggles and at the start of this month for PIP which ive no updates on either yet but PIP was only recent. I’m in receipt of UC at the moment. 

At my local college they’re offering a carousel course in construction which I think I’d really enjoy as I like doing practical stuff and with enough experience potentially be by own boss. This will help me because I would have flexibility on when I want to work and not being around loads of people everyday and overall do what works for me and managing my symptoms. 

If I took the course would the DWP say I’m fit for work and refuse LWCA and PIP? Or would it best to wait for the outcomes of these before moving forward? 

TIA

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.