pip review. Do you write your previous challenges as well as new ones? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip review. Do you write your previous challenges as well as new ones?

vicky123
vicky123 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
just received my pip review but its a much less form than before, after reading it says put down any changes  my question is if there are no changes then do you along with that still write the issues you had before to make the no changes category?
second question is if my health has deteriorated then i put down changes and how they affect me will they re look my pip claim from the beginning again? As some people say u might loose out if they look as they might not give the same level of benefit.  Am scared now as should i not put my increasing health issues like chronic depression and stress or to be on the safe side keep it as no changes and just write what i had written previously. Please if some could advise 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Usual advice is that you should treat the form as if DWP know nothing and fill in all the detail as you would for a new application. There isn't enough space on the form for this so use extra pages. It sounds as if you have a record of what you wrote last time so this can be a useful starting point.

They are looking at the whole claim again regardless of whether you say there have been changes or no changes. If you simply wrote new change for everything it doesn't mean you will get the same award as before.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi3

You need to treat it as if its a new claim 

Put down everything about how you are affected even if no change and include any worsening of condition 

Go through each descriptor giving real examples of what happens when you try and do the task 
  • vicky123
    vicky123 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    If there is no change on the 3 columns they are asking tell us if there are changes if so when. If u put no changes there. Next they ask how u manage and any aids if there are no changes what should input in there? After it says tell us any help u need.  I’m confused as if I put no changes do I still need to put down like before how I manage etc.  Someone said if u put down I have got worse in some areas they can stop the claim te look and I might not get anything as it. Happened with them. I have few new issues now but don’t want to risk hoping that they look and say she’s the same and award me the benefit.  So worried since it came 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    They only stop the claim if you are no longer awarded after the assessment   not because you put worsening conditions 

I think you would benefit with some help filling in the form as you seem to be confused contact welfare rights or cab 

You should never just tick the no change and leave it at that still describe how you are affected 

I'm not good at explaining have a read through some other posts in the pip section 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.