Seeking summer club for complex needs child — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Seeking summer club for complex needs child

Options
kewilife
kewilife Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2021 in Children, parents, and families
Please can you help me? I am desperately seeking holiday provision for my daughter, she is 7 years old and has complexed needs including learning delay and is unable to stand or walk unaided. Usually she would attend her school summer club but this year the provision has been offered to free school meal families only. This has left me in a huge predicament as I need to work but have no child care.  
We live in South East London, Lewisham Borough .
please message me if you have any suggestions, thank you x
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kewilife :) Welcome to the community! 

I haven't had lots of time to look into this for you today, so I've marked your post as unanswered to remind me to try and have another look tomorrow. 

I did, however, find this website that might be helpful? It appears to have a search tool that allows you to search for kids' clubs in your area that are suitable for those with additional needs. Perhaps you could have a look on there?

Have you spoken to the school to see if they have any suggestions of alternative providers? Or spoken to any other parents to see if they're aware of anything? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • kewilife
    kewilife Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for replying to me. Yes I’ve spoken to the school and looked at the councils local offer but there isn’t much available for children with complex needs. 
    I’ve not spoken to other parents I don’t know any in my situation and I do not see parents at school because transport takes her and I work hence posting on here. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
  • gabriel336
    gabriel336 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Hi there! I’ve no advice or information sorry. I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone. Did you find any help? 
    My very best wishes to you.

Brightness