Having video assessment for PIP with my son. Worried he won't come. What if I do it with witnesses? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having video assessment for PIP with my son. Worried he won't come. What if I do it with witnesses?

Options
Suzz1962
Suzz1962 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there
i am going to a video assessment for pip with my son. It is a mental health illness he has. What happens if I just do it with a couple of witness. His CPN & HCA. I am just worried he will have a bad day &will not come with me to his mental health centre where we are having the video call. Any help please. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the community 

It's not usual to take witnesses to an assessment have you informed them that is what you are doing 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you are asking if you can do the assessment without him being there the answer is no.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.