Assessors report received. Thankyou everyone who has given info on the PIP process. It helped me ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessors report received. Thankyou everyone who has given info on the PIP process. It helped me ?

Beesmummy798
Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there, just an update on my PIP claim. I got my assessors report yesterday and it seems as if I have scored 15 for daily living and 20 for mobility and I honestly think reading advice here has helped me. I first applied in 2017 solely for mental health reasons and got no points. Since then I have gotten much worse but with Fibro myalgia thrown in also ? I've read so much advice here about sending in anecdotal evidence and that has really helped me, they actually didn't even request a doctors report this time and I didn't send any as I kept reading here that Dr's, CPNs, Phychiatrists don't see you doing the descriptors and tasks every day. I know I haven't had a decision yet but going by the report it seems as if the assessor has actually listened. I would highly recommend reading the advice here and tell your 'story' of how your condition affects you, not the condition/s itself. Thankyou anyone that has given advice either direct or indirect. Good luck and I hope yous are also heard. For me, anyway, its much more than financial.. It's about being recognised and listened to x

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    The DM usually goes with the assessors report so on that basis you should hopefully be getting enhanced and enhanced..well done you
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Beesmummy798
  • Beesmummy798
    edited July 2021
    @woodbine thankyou, hopefully they do go with it. Can you understand any of this though? I know a lot of it is referring to my previous claim in 2017. I also remember getting a change of law letter in March 2019 which is mentioned here, I'm wondering if its all relating to this Leap review thing? Very confusing, never thought they'd focus so much on my previous claim x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds very positive you will get the result you hope for 
  • Beesmummy798
    @janer1967 thankyou you're so positive and encouraging, reading your posts x
    Its been a long process and it knocked the heart out of me in 2017. Just hope I've been heard this time ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Well it seems like they have listened to you 

Just the wait now for the decision 

Thanks for your kind words nice to be appreciated 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Thats great news @Beesmummy798 ???
    I too went with advice here and if i hadnt of found out about descriptors etc id be facing a long wait for tribunal now most probably! But instead got my award back after MR so thank God for this forum and the people in it! Yourself included! Take care hun and hope you get the right decision through the door asap! Xx
  • Beesmummy798
    @Emilyb81 take care luv. So glad you got the right decision. I'm sure I will hear my outcome next week ?. The whole thing is so stressful and thankyou for your advice also x
  • Beesmummy798
    edited July 2021
    Thanks @Username_removed. I just put in my claim for pips on 5/5/21 this is from my assessors report on 28/6/21. I never mentioned to them about my previous 2017 claim (which was turned down) with no points. 
    But.. they have brought it up throughout the whole process. This is a new claim starting from scratch.. I never took my 2017 claim any further after I was awarded 0 points, I just left it and didn't take it any further. The advice on here has been to give anecdotal evidence, not medical which I have done. It seems it has helped. Thanks for your help also ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Delighted to hear about the points recommended in the assessor's report @Beesmummy798 - it sound like you'll get a great award; congratulations. :) As you've understood, much is about your previous claim:
    PA1 - initial claim form
    PA4 - assessor's report
    GPFR - GP's Factual Report
    CQ - Customer Questionnaire
  • Beesmummy798
    Pips/dwp have never contacted me except for the 'change of law' letter in 2019, but I never took any notice of it because I got 0 points for everything in my 2017 claim. Its only now that I have done a fresh claim they are mentioning my previous one. This forum has really helped me to prepare my evidence (anecdotal) and helped me explain how my condition affects me on my telephone assessment. 
  • Beesmummy798
  • Beesmummy798
    @Username_removed @chiarieds so do you think they are looking into my previous claim in 2017? It says 'previous pa4 states A' . Its so confusing that they are mentioning my 2017 claim. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I could be wrong, but to me it just reads that the initial assessor recommended a), i.e. 0 points as you've said. But then they're writing how you were prior to this assessment, & listing the evidence used to support their current recommendation of e), i.e. 10 points .
  • Beesmummy798
    chiarieds said:
    I could be wrong, but to me it just reads that the initial assessor recommended a), i.e. 0 points as you've said. But then they're writing how you were prior to this assessment, & listing the evidence used to support their current recommendation of e), i.e. 10 points .
    Thankyou @chiarieds its all so confusing why they're relating so much to my previous claim in 2017. I'm sure I'll find out next week. Keep you posted x
  • Beesmummy798
    Yup, you can see from your document that they’ve listed the PA1 and PA4 which were related to your 2017 claim. That would never normally happen on a new claim, although it ought to if they bothered to adhere to public law principles, so that’s the big clue this is a LEAP review decision.
    Thankyou @Username_removed it confuses me, I didn't think they'd mention my previous claim as much as they have done. Thanks for your help ?
  • Beesmummy798
    It’s a LEAP review recommendation and likely nothing to do with any advice from here as items 6 and 7 clearly indicate. 
    To clarify also.. I didn't send in anything relating to points 6 and 7, I think that's the LEAP letters I received in 2019 (must have been on their system) but it was never mentioned by me or to me ? They have recorded my recent claim form and extra evidence sent. That's all in the top paragraph. 
  • magsH1236
    magsH1236 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi great news on ur report! I still haven’t heard anything and I had my assessment on the 25th of June x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.