Will I get confirmation of them receiving my MR letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I get confirmation of them receiving my MR letter?

rosie118
rosie118 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question. I have sent my mandatory reconsideration letter in. I sent it recorded delivery signed for and it was signed for a couple of weeks ago. Do you receive any confirmation of them receiving it? I'm a bit concerned I haven't had a text or anything saying they have received it but maybe you don't. 

Considering phoning them tomorrow but it is a whole hassle as my partner has to do it for me or support me massively so not sure whether to or not. They had to receive the letter by the 16th so while it has been signed for before then I'm a bit worried if it is 'in the system'. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It is signed for by royal mail sorting office and not dwp 

It takes a while to get scanned onto the system and currently huge backlogs 

I'm not sure you will get a text to say they have it
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hiya yes you do get a text saying they received it probably? I did? But i never sent anything recorded as was told no point because the place it is delivered to isnt the person who you are sending it to? So it still takes several weeks to arrive at the right desk ! Tracking just says its got to DWP office it then can still get lost from that point unfortunately! Both times I sent letters in they took 3 weeks to be put onto system though ?? so it's taking 3 weeks for them to get it with internal post ??
  • rosie118
    Thanks for replying both. 
    So with this I have to submit it by the 16th of July thing, is that accounted for in their backlog? I'm assuming the fact that I got it to the building well within time means that is okay? 
    I'm not fussed about waiting I'm just worried about doing it within this time limit thing. 
  • Emilyb81
    I got a text from them saying you have asked us to look at a decision again we will be in touch if we need any further information? However i just remembered i only got that text after i phoned them 4 weeks later to check it has arrived? So you might be better off calling them anyway? Sorry literally forgot that happened in beginning! But i still wouldn't bother calling until its been 3 weeks because the queues can be loooong and that's ok if they are actually going to have the information already! ??
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't panic they state you have 1 month to submit the  MR but you actually have 13 months if there is valid reason 
  • Emilyb81
    Yes i was 2 weeks over on mine they never said anything i think they know post etc can be a pain in the bum! ??
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    I didn’t get a text, I was told over the phone that you don’t receive a text when it’s a MR. I called them to enquire if they’d received mine as I’d not heard anything. It took 3 weeks, as there’s a delay with the post
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    just to confirm really it's not a good idea to send them anything registered/signed for, proof of posting from the P.O is all you need.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• vixen_5053
    vixen_5053 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    edited July 2021
    I sent my MR 26th June. Rang them 6th July to confirm they have received it, they said it had and that it was in a queue waiting to be looked at by a decision maker.

When the phone call was finished I received a text straightaway to say ‘you have asked us to look at our recent pip decision again’ and that I should hear from them within 10 weeks.
  • Emilyb81
    Exactly what happened to me @vixen_5053 after I hung up the phone I got the same text? So i thought they had realised they hadn't messaged and did it then! Anyway nevermind i guess it doesn't matter as long as we know that they receive our forms/letters ??
  • rosie118
    Just wanted to update to say I did finally manage to phone (phoning is really hard for me and takes a lot of prep and recovery, the irony of my disability making this process harder is not lost on me!), and they said they had received it on the 6th but as of when I phoned (23rd) it hadn't been 'registered to my account'. 

Her words were 'I'll do it now' and ta dah within seconds I had a text. She said it will take about ten weeks. 

Not sure what would have happened had I not phoned but it certainly felt like not much! The fact I have to chase every step which costs me a health price is ridiculous. Just wanted to come back and say what happened as if you are waiting it probably is best to phone I guess. 

Now I wait the ten weeks and likely appeal after that. 
    Thanks to everyone who got back to me above. 
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    I had a similar issue with my MR, earlier this year.  Delayed phoning - didn't want to be a nuisance, and didn't want to distress myself being on hold for an hour.

Long story short, I'm glad I called because the call-handler said my MR had been "placed in the wrong online queue"!  He rectified it then and there with a confirmation text arriving just as we ended the call.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.