What's the point in working? I'm worse off than I was - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's the point in working? I'm worse off than I was

Options
2»

Comments

• monsieur
    monsieur Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    @Cher_Scope Hiya, yeah i am okay. I live in wonderful area, there are lot of beautiful landscapes and forests so it is very safe around here for me, also in town there are charities that give free meals and drinks everyday, breakfasts and dinners so i am pretty good here, i also stay a lot in my mates houses, it depends really i don't sleep in one place, i have got variety... I am also very concerned about my own well being, i care about my diet, hygiene and health, i exercise a lot so i am doing fine, maybe it will be necessary to find somekind of accommodation during late autumn/early winter, but for now summer is very good :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello @monsieur

Thank you for getting back to me :)  I'm glad to hear you have the support of local charities and friends.  If ever your circumstances change and you're in a position where you feel less safe and like your wellbeing is being negatively affected, please consider contacting Shelter via the contact details left above.  You also have our online community and email address and we'd all be happy to help in whichever way we can.  

Take care and stay safe.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • monsieur
    Options
    @Cher_Scope Okay, thank you for your time :D
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ha Mike  :D  Made me laugh there!

@monsieur How are things going with you?  I'm just checking in to see if you still feel safe and happy with your current situation.  Please let us know if there's anything we might be able to help with.  I imagine this hot weather is both lovely to be outside in, while a bit tiring and too much at times?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • monsieur
    Options
    Ha Mike  :D  Made me laugh there!

@monsieur How are things going with you?  I'm just checking in to see if you still feel safe and happy with your current situation.  Please let us know if there's anything we might be able to help with.  I imagine this hot weather is both lovely to be outside in, while a bit tiring and too much at times?
    Hey
    Oh yeah, i am okay :). I have had great weekend, i went for bikecycle ride twice with my mate to Coventry, so i have done about 60 miles within two days. I agree it is hot, but it's not too bad actually. I am waiting for a colder weather though... 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing well @monsieur

Sounds like the weekend was very productive, that's a very long bike ride :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • monsieur
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Yeah, well... Usually my mates offer me to stay at theirs, but i usually say no i am coming back camping, because i generally like to be on my own... Sharing house with others can be painful, especially when roommates smoke a lot or they do not clean after themselves... Or when toilet's taken and u have to wait... sometimes i want to be alone without anyone around me, houses are expensive i cannot afford to live alone in a flat or house... When i went to Poland 2 years ago, my nan gave me keys to refurbished flat and i lived there myself for nearly 9 months, so i quite got used to it at the time... But it is not perfect cuz usually there are roads and bloody loud cars everywhere, staying outdoors offer me much more quietness, peace and i can also relax while listening to birds singing, instead of being in some house with dusty carpets where i hear cars driving all the time from early morning till late evening... I also feel it is a kind of wrong to come to foreign country and ask people for help because i can't manage... No... i am doing okay, i can take care of myself. And my friends help me too. Few months ago one charity told me that p3 probably would be able to offer me room in hotel, but that would be responsibilities, having to come back at 10:30pm everyday... No thanks!! I really like nature and staying outdoors is healthier than in the house. Sorry for my broken english. Have a nice day :)

Brightness