Hi, my name is chuck!Has anyone else experienced weakness in legs due to severe spinal stenosis? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is chuck!Has anyone else experienced weakness in legs due to severe spinal stenosis?

chuck
chuck Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello everyone. My first post. I suffer from severe spinal stenosis l2/3. Had surgery last year but still have weakness in my legs and my calf muscle in my right leg has lost a lot of function. I can walk better but have balance issues as well. Just reaching out to this family to see if anyone else has had similar experiences and any advice.  Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chuck and welcome to the community, thanks for introducing yourself.

Have you spoken with your GP about your mobility challenges and have they been able to support you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chuck - I just wanted to add my welcome to the community. I hope you may come across other members with your concerns. Have you been offered any physiotherapy?
  • chuck
    chuck Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hey everyone,
    I have been seeing a physiotherapist, who I like, and have made some progress. I am just thinking that there must be other people who are experiencing the same and what they have done. My neurologist tells me that nerves regenerate at a rate of an inch a month( if no permanent damage) for 12-18 months and that it will take time to reach my legs. 

Brightness