Had a horrible Exprence with a Taxis i company — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had a horrible Exprence with a Taxis i company

JamieLeeSAMPLE
JamieLeeSAMPLE Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
edited July 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Ok I ve a bad meltdown tonight
Due to taxi app and an unsympathetic driver. So booked taxi through an app for as soon possible thing I would have few nntue to leave my flat. However the axis was that n literally second the must been outside the flat.i had mad panic grabbing everything. However. The taxi diver wasn't happy I was late leaving my flat I had explained I was rushing to him being too early and not giving enough me enough time he kept moaning about the app and in a mad panic a had dropped my wallet. I had put taxi fare in some plastic bags. So could pay the taxi however. I started having panic attack not having my wallet while having the panic the keep talking about the app rather than seeing if I was ok..and to add insult to injury he charged full fare if going about 3 mins. I could go where I was meant to. As I only had enough for there and back also the money the record where my band. Practice. So I am £16 down due this app causing stress and anxiety and driving not caring which lead to a meltdown
Tagged:

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I can understand your frustrations, however in hindsight would it not have been better to book it once you were ready to leave? From the drivers point of view, you had requested as soon as possible and therefore if he was available straight away then he was expecting you to be too. 

It’s the same where I live, usually when I ask for straight away it’s pretty much outside. They have been quite quiet. 

I’m a bit confused about the full fare thing? Did you go where you had booked to go? As then of course he is going to charge you the amount required. 

If you were taken somewhere different  and the meter displayed something different then I agree you should only be charged what’s on the meter, have you considered complaining to the company? 

I’m sorry to hear about the panic attacks and I suffered with them a while back and know how awful they are, do you get support for this? 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JamieLeeSAMPLE

I'm sorry to hear of the distress this has caused you. Do you have any support from any loved ones at this time? And do you have coping methods in place to manage your anxiety and panic?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear about your distress 

I would suggest if you know you want to be going somewhere you book the taxi in advance for the specified time to avoid the panic 

It's understandable they would charge for waiting time as their time is money am they could be missing out on another fare 

I hope you have got over the panic attack and feeling calmer now 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Taxi meters have a minimum starting fare, in our area it's £2.90 so that's the minimum charge even for a very short journey.
    As above I would suggest not making the booking until you are ready and fully organised.
    Hope you are feeling better now?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness