Disabled person who can't share a bedroom — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled person who can't share a bedroom

Options
tonyhag
tonyhag Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in Housing and independent living
Does anyone know the criteria as regards this as due to my wife having a bed supplied by the OT as well as the acceptability issues with this and no room for a second bed I have moved into the spare room bedroom and so mentioned this to the benefits section of our local council and they have sent me a letter back asking for a statement why my wife needs a separate room.

The house is a 2 bed room council house with one bedroom having a attached wet room and also a through floor lift, my wife is a wheelchair  user and the all house has been converted to a disabled users home.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tonyhag, hello and welcome, you have answered the question yourself, there is not enough room for a second bed in the same room as your wife due to lack of space. The through floor lift access being in the main bedroom . The hospital bed takes up the what ever the floor space room needed by my wife to access her wheelchair and use the lift and other bedroom furniture wardrobe bedside cabinets ect. maybe a letter from the OT will support your assessment application.

Brightness