MR - Should I Be Going For Everything? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR - Should I Be Going For Everything?

hughiemachrins
hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am still awaiting my report letter on my PIP claim for  Arthritis. I have a copy of the assessors report and it gives me 6 points for Daily and 0 for Mobility. I feel I should have got 9 points on Daily (because of two missed aids) and 10 for Mobility. I will obviously do a MR once the letter arrives but I have a question. Should I go for both Daily and Mobility? Has anyone ever gone from 0 points to 10 on an MR?  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Should I go for both Daily and Mobility? Has anyone ever gone from 0 points to 10 on an MR?  Any advice would be appreciated. 
    You should fully explain how your health impacts you and ask for what you consider is the appropriate award. People can go from no award to enhanced awards at MR stage - and if not an appeal to tribunal is available. If the 10 point descriptor is the appropriate descriptor then of course you can go from 0 to 10.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Harrington
    Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    @hughiemachrins I too had 0 points on both mobility and daily care but after doing MR I went to 8 for daily care and 10 for mobility, this is my second time I have needed to do MR for PIP and both times same result, it took 10 weeks for the result due to back log.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I've seen several people recently go from 0 points to enhanced both if that helps? I mean its definitely possible if you are entitled to the points for the right descriptors and give examples of how or why you feel you should have more points for them then they will do their job correctly hopefully ??? good luck with it all hun! 
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    @hughiemachrins, Emilyb81 was right about the point scoring, I went from 0 points at both assessment and MR, and mine had to go all the way to tribunal and I won getting enhanced on both, it can be possible. 
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Thank you all. Very encouraging comments.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you all. Very encouraging comments.
    I'm glad you found the comments so far encouraging, I wish you the very best :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.