LCWRA. Will their delay affect me? Will I get back pay? Will gaps in my fit notes affect anything? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. Will their delay affect me? Will I get back pay? Will gaps in my fit notes affect anything?

Options
Pinkity
Pinkity Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi
I have a couple of questions because of the way things happened with my assessment. I started my claim in March 2018 and handed in my first fit note on 28.03.18. After a year, I mentioned to my work coach that I hadn't heard anything about my WCA so she set things in motion. I heard NOTHING until September 2020, when I was sent a UC50 which I filled in and returned. I was given an assessment date of 28.09.20 but no-one called. When I phoned them, they said it had been cancelled and I should have been told. Almost 12 months and 3 work coaches later, I had my assessment on 14.07.21 and received the result of LCWRA on 17.07 (which seems very quick). Will I somehow get into trouble for the huge delay or is the delay the reason for a quick result? I know that's a weird question but I have autism and spend my life in a state of constant fear so it's a worry I have. Also, will I be eligible for back pay? Some of my fit notes are out by a couple of days due to not being able to contact my GP (the local surgery is very poorly organised) - will these gaps have any effect on anything? Thank you. I hope my message has made sense.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

In normal circumstances you should get back pay to 4 months after you reported the medical condition and provide fit notes 

However fit note needs to be continuous with no gap so this could affect your back pay but as they are only a couple of days out I'm not sure what will happen 

You won't be in trouble but it is a really long time wait so they may query why you left it so long 

I would put a note in your journal and mark it payment query and remind them when your claim first started and can they recalculated your whole claim now you have been awarded lcwra 
  • Pinkity
    Options
    Thank you for responding. What is the purpose of reminding them about my claim and asking for it to be recalculated please? What will that do? Thank you.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So they give you the backpay to when you first reported your condition 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Pinkity

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear of the inconvenience you've had to go through, it sounds like it's been a long process and I imagine you just want the matter to be put behind you now so you can stop worrying about it. 

Has the advice above from Janer1967 been helpful?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Pinkity
    Options
    Yes, thank you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.