I've got my UC assessment soon. I'm worried I'll be asked to look for work. Does it help I'm on PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've got my UC assessment soon. I'm worried I'll be asked to look for work. Does it help I'm on PIP?

teddyjohn89
teddyjohn89 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone not sure if this is where i needed to post this. Im due to have a universal credit assessment soon but im really worried that i will be asked to look for work. I suffer with left sided ulcerated colitis. I have only one eye i have depression anxiety paranoid schizophrenia and lumberlordosis in my spine. I have always worked and even with my conditions i have tried but i fail the main voice in my head who is very demanding made me walk out of my last three jobs i am very paranoid about this whole process and read up about people not getting LCWRA Only LCW. I receive pip i know its a different benefit but would this help. Thank you for any advice. 
Tagged:

Comments

• teddyjohn89
    @poppy123456 i see you are very helpful on this matter 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @teddyjohn89 - & welcome to the community. Unfortunately Poppy hasn't been on the forum for some months, & yes, she was very helpful with this & other benefits. As with other benefits, it's the negative stories you see posted on forums, as people who have claimed successfully don't usually have any questions that need answering (except when will I get paid?)
    I don't know if this might help you, but this is what's looked at in a Work Capability Assessment: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/Ill-Injured-or-Disabled/Universal-Credit-Capability-for-work-assessment
  • teddyjohn89
    @chiarieds thank you for the reply i will check it out 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there

All you can do is tell it as it is 

If you get awarded lcw you won't have to look for work just prepare with work related activity like cv and update calls 

Of course you only get an additional payment if awarded lcwra and no work commitments 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • teddyjohn89
    Ok no problem thank you will keep you all posted
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome @teddyjohn89 - good luck from me too, & will be good to hear how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @teddyjohn89 :) It sounds as though you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. Are you receiving any support for your anxiety, depression, and paranoid schizophrenia? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • teddyjohn89
    Hello i wasn't sure how to comment back on my old post about my previous universal credit assessment after the assessment i was awarded LCWRA but it says you wait three months after medical evidence. Does that mean when i sent in my first sick note or my letters from my nurses. Thank you 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    It means three months from when you notified DWP of your health condition supported by a Fit Note. You get the extra included on the payment for the fourth complete monthly period following notification of the health condition.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your fit note 

It's actually the 4th month after reporting your medical condition as you can self certification fir the first 7 days 
  • teddyjohn89
    No problem Thank you 
  • teddyjohn89
    For the reply 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @teddyjohn89

I've merged your thread with your old one so everything's in this one place for you :)

Thanks for updating us with news on how your WCA went, I imagine being placed in the LCWRA group has alleviated some of the worry you had about being asked to look for work so that's good.

Take care and if you ever have any more questions, please do give us a shout.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • teddyjohn89
    Yes big relief :) thank you for doing that its all new to me this place but I'm glad i joined 
  • happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Hi, my wife was claiming UC because she was ill, so my name was added. This was the first time we have ever claimed anything likfe that. I receive PIP and cannot work. They told me that i needed to provide them with a fit note which my doctor sorted out. Then i got a call for a meeting and they said they were just checking in. They said they needed to send me a 40 page form about not looking for work. After explaining about all my health problems, i thought they were joking, but no. It did arrive in the post. For two months they chased me and asked me why i had not filled it in. I told them that it would cause me stress, and explained that i am not being funny but they could ask me all the questions on the phone instead of putting me through that stress. I then got a letter saying they understood it would cause me stress and i did not need to fill it in. They asked me to send another fit note which i did. My doctor then had enough and said they had no right asking for fit notes from me. I said to him they were only doing their job. He has now written to them about my health problems. just hope i have not made an enemy of UC

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.