Need help LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help LCWRA

Options
luckylizzie88
luckylizzie88 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I need some help
My first sick note was given to UC in Sept 2020 I received my work assessment in December haven't heard nothing until now today I was awarded LXWRA. I've had sick notes for 3 months at a time. Will I be backdated thanks in advance 

Comments

• luckylizzie88
    Options
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA should be backdated to the fourth full UC monthly period following that in which you first reported your health condition, so roundabout January 2021. Not possible to say exactly without knowing dates of your UC periods and exact date you first reported your health condition.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @luckylizzie88

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

Congratulations on being awarded LCWRA, you must be very happy about that. 

Providing you haven't had any gaps in your fit notes since the submission of your first one, you should be awarded LCWRA from the fourth month onwards following that first fit note.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • luckylizzie88
    Options
    My first sick note was dated 28th Sept 
  • calcotti
    edited July 2021
    Options
    My first sick note was dated 28th Sept 
    calcotti said:.. Not possible to say exactly without knowing dates of your UC periods and exact date you first reported your health condition.
    And when are your monthly UC periods? (Or what date are you paid?)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • luckylizzie88
    Options
    6-5th monthly 

• luckylizzie88
    Options
    I'm paid on the 12th of each month 
  • calcotti
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Condition reported 28th Sept which is in the Sept - Oct period
    Waiting period is the three months from 6th Oct - 5th Nov, 6th Nov - 5th Dec and 6th Dec - 5th Jan.
    LCWRA element payable in the 6th Jan - 5th Feb period (paid 12th Feb) and thereafter.
  • luckylizzie88
    Options
    Ok it's taken so long because they made a decision but never put it on the system. So UC was awesome and my work coach literally pushed and pushed and finally  the letter came through today on my UC. It just don't give much detail. So I should be backdated from Feb? Is that correct 
  • luckylizzie88
    Options
    It's so frustrating as they don't go into detail 
  • calcotti
    edited July 2021
    Options
    It's so frustrating as they don't go into detail 
    Once they make a decision somebody else has to work out when the arrears are due from. They then have to recalculate your entitlement for each month and compare it with what you were paid in order to calculate the arrears due. This all takes time.
    luckylizzie88 said:So I should be backdated from Feb? Is that correct 
    That's what my calculation indicates. Obviously if I didn't believe it to be correct i wouldn't have said so.
  • luckylizzie88
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it 
  • luckylizzie88
    Options
    I already recieved a phone call from them today with the amount that they are paying me which is everything backdated thank for your help

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.