23 weeks and still no word from PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

23 weeks and still no word from PIP

RoxyC
RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
I applied for pip on the 18th of Feb 2021 apparently my evidence is with the assessment team and is currently in the process before the process of arranging an assessment. ??‍♀️ how many processes are there? Apparently these are processed in date order from when they receive them... mine was received by the assessment team on the 28th of May and it's now august. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There are many people still waiting who applied in Dec last year so try not to think you are the only one 

The dwp are quoting it taking 10 months for claims to be complete 
  • annie4
    annie4 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Hi pip received my claim on the 25th January and I only had my assessment 2 weeks ago I got my report last week but still waiting on decision they said probably early September 
  • RoxyC
    @annie4

It's crazy, a friend of mine who lives in my borough applied in early march. Shes already had her decision a month ago??? I just dont get how this system works? Apparently the assessments are done in date order from the date they are received from the DWP. I cant see how that is right if people are still waiting for an assessment from December 2020 and my friend had one from an application started in March??? 
  • RoxyC
    @annie4

How did your assessment go? Fingers crossed for you. 
  • annie4
    annie4 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    RoxyC said:
    @annie4

How did your assessment go? Fingers crossed for you. 
    **** I got my report for everything it said can drive so can complete this task. Tbh I don't think she had any idea what my condition is as 90% of doctors I meet have no idea what it is my own doctor who treats me has been a doctor for nearly 40 years and I'm only case he's come across so I don't think she had proper understanding of it I rang in and gave comments on my report which case manager wrote down and said it will all be taken into consideration. I think it's done in date order but some cases need more information than others so take longer when I applied in January they told me hopefully no more than ten months 
  • RoxyC
    Oh wow, so this makes things difficult I assume? No one can seem to tell me what's wrong with me either. I caught covid at work last year (I work in healthcare) since catching covid I've been left with permanent problems. Balance issues, loss of hearing to name a few but, other than calling it long covid we cant work out what's actually been damaged. 

Hope you get an answer soon. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.