LCW MR - Should I do this over the phone or by tracked letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCW MR - Should I do this over the phone or by tracked letter?

Options
rsx
rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I've just received my decision and it's lcw, I'm devastated and panicking. I'm going to send a MR but it also says it can be done by phone, would this be quicker or should I do it by sending a letter? Should I send the letter tracked? I haven't left the house in 6 years and can't talk to anyone but my grandparents or brother, I have panic attacks leading up to any uc phonecall I have so if I get kept in this category I will have to stop claiming uc as I just can't cope with it anymore.
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Much better to put MR in writing so you can say exactly what you want and have a record of it. There is no need to send tracked but get proof of posting.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rsx
    Options
    Ok thank you, I thought that, I am much better doing it in writing as I panic on the phone and can't explain myself which I think I have been put in the wrong group 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @rsx 

I'm sorry to hear the decision isn't what you expected.  How's your mental health at the minute?  Are you receiving enough support with managing those panic attacks? 

Here's a Citizens Advice webpage about 'Challenging a UC decision: mandatory reconsideration' that will give you some other pointers on what to think about when completing your MR.  

Just to let you know, I also amended the title of your thread to help others spot what is was about and reply.  Good luck and please keep us posted with how you get on. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • rsx
    Options
    @Username_removed thank you I will do.

@Cher_Scope hi, my mental health is the worst its been, I think I'm just exhausted with everything, I struggle with talking on the phone so haven't contacted my doctor, I am on the waiting list for cbt so hopefully that I'll help when I get the appointment.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @rsx Ahh, I'm sorry, it can feel like a bit of a battle can't it?  It's good that you're on the waiting list for CBT.  I hope it's not too long until you hear something back.  

Some of our other members struggle talking on the phone to their doctor so I can appreciate where you're coming from and the anxiety it causes.  I wonder, would your brother or grandparents be able to sit in with you for support and perhaps talk on your behalf during the call?  I know it's not easy but perhaps that's something to consider.

MIND have this 'self-care for anxiety' resource too which contains lots of ideas for ways to reduce anxiety at home, so maybe give it a read and see if there's anything you could try.  

Take care and if you ever need virtual support, please give us a visit.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • rsx
    Options
    @Cher_Scope @calcotti hi I'm just wondering if you knew how long I should leave it until I ring and see if they've got my Mr, I sent it Wednesday last week 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.