Awaiting decision. I rang DWP and sent further evidence after seeing report. Will they listen to it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting decision. I rang DWP and sent further evidence after seeing report. Will they listen to it?

court90
court90 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I had a assessment on the 21st July, then I got a text from DWP to tell me they had received my report, I let it a week an rang for my report to be sent out to me, I got it within two days! I read through it an the there mistakes straight away, on the condition part they didn’t put my fibromyalgia down, or how it affected me, the only time she typed it was in the moving around part, I also told her I work with adults with learning disabilities but I’ve had to see occupational health as I’ve had so much time off work, she didn’t write that in the report either, I rung dwp an explained it all an they have put what I’ve said down an I’ve sent my occupational health report to them signed for an it arrived there yesterday. I worked out my scores 8 points for daily an 4 pints for mobility I think I deserve more points for the mobility at best even the standard rate. Do you think the dwp will listen to the evidence ? I drive a automatic car I’ve got degeneration of the disks I. My back I’ve had spinal surgery plus I have more problems, my car is my aid it’s crazy how they don’t listen or chose not to type 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    DWP will consider all evidence including what you wrote in the PIP2 form and what the HCP has recommended in their report and use it all to draw their own conclusions. 

Just to let you know too the HCP is not there to write down word for word what you say, they are their to form their own opinion. 

You will eventually get the decision in the post and if you are unhappy can request a MR. 
  • court90
    court90 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you, I totally understand that!! But missing things out when they are relevant an should be put on the form is not on. I’m dreading it to be honest, I requested my report as I’ve been reading discussions on here so I can start to get an idea for the MR… it’s just so horrible waiting I’m anxious an just want it to be over. I don’t think it should be like this, if your classed as disabled an you generally have things wrong you should be entitled, shouldn’t have to jump
    through hoops for it, they received my form back in March lol it’s taking ages 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    New applications at the moment can take upto 10 months from start to finish, for future reference its a pointless exercise sending anything to the DWP signed for, as it all goes to a royal mail handling site.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @court90 - & welcome to the community. Sorry, from what I read, that you're disappointed with the assessor's report, particularly with regards to the mobility component. This is why sometimes it's not the best to request the assessor's report, rather wait for your decision letter. Not only can it increase anxiety, as you mention, but the focus can become on the assessor's report, when this shouldn't necessarily be the case.
    Just to add to what has already been mentioned, PIP really is all about how your disability affects you with regard to the activities/descriptors rather than any medical diagnosis. It may be useful to look at the following about the 'Moving around' descriptor: https://pipinfo.net/activities/moving-around   which I hope you find helpful. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.