Parental issues and dealing with boredom — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Parental issues and dealing with boredom

Options
chloeblue04
chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Good Morning Cher

Last week was complicated and I don't want to talk about it but my mother is not only worried about my safety but she is still strict and uptight towards me. I've turned 29 years old  last month, 

I wanted to move out and to find a more safer, suitable accommodation where I can live independently. 

Anyway in my boredom, I am interested in visiting new places around the London and Croydon Borough except for Elephant and Castle which I thought is a dangerous place. 

I'm lonely and miserable,  I need to talk to somebody besides my mum and dad. I wanted to go to the park and  watch the children and their families have a good time at the fun fair but there's one huge problem; my mum. 

I need someone to help me in my desperation. 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @chloeknight16071992

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through at the minute, your living situation doesn't appear to be the best for your well-being. You don't have to talk about what has been going on at all, but just in case you do want to speak about anything you are always welcome to send us an email privately to community@scope.org.uk and we'd be happy to listen

Have you explored the possibility of moving out? Is it something you've looked into at all and started planning for?

Your mental health appears to be impacted by everything you're going through, understandably. Do you receive any support from a GP or other health professional to manage it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I will be happy to speak to anyone privately but don't worry I won't tell anyone. I mustn't say a word about this to my mum and dad. 
    I haven't explored the possibility of moving out and that's why I discussed with my sister, my friend and my boss. 
    No this is what will concern me for what I've looked into. 

Brightness