Hi, my name is PopCorn! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is PopCorn!

PopCorn
PopCorn Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, nervous posting here hope you all having an okay day.

I’m almost 50 and disabled and a recent wheelchair user.

hope to chat to others and find where to get support with certain issues 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PopCorn and welcome to the community! How are you doing today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I am also a wheelchair user is there anything specific you want to ask 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @PopCorn - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. It's very nice to 'meet' you. Please ask any questions, as our members may be able to help. You can chat here, or you might like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge.'
    Thank you, the sun is shining here & I've got my washing out, & may do a little gardening while the weather is so pleasant, so a good day. How about you? :)
  • PopCorn
    PopCorn Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi, thanks for the welcome

im a recent wheelchair user @janer1967 as lost ability to walk past year. So thanks, I will need to buy a few accessories soon, but if u see a post and I forget who u was my appoligise my short term memory can be bad, I can go in kitchen four times and forget I went for a drink lol. 

im feeling  exhausted after Monday being bit busy chasing  and trying to sort a few things up. 

It’s just started to rain heavy and think we got bad weather as weather  warning on phine for the rest of evening, but I do like the sound of sight of rain it’s relaxing, just not when u get soaked,  so I might just watch some tv till I’m tierd. 

@chiarieds hope the sun stayed out and you enjoyed your gardening did u plant or just tidy anything? Must get the grass cut soon, it grows so fast at the moment..

no idea how I reply to each reply and hope I tagged people right, please feel free to advise how if not. 

Take care, have a pleasant dry evening 

Popcorn
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PopCorn - your replies are just right, tagging a person as you have done. Today stayed sunny, with a bit of a breeze, so a great washing day. I have a little greenhouse, so watered my tomatoes, tidied up my raised bed of herbs, & did quite a bit of deadheading & cutting back of flowers & my buddleia bush; tidied up my courgette plants to find another had escaped into a large marrow (!), & found a few strawberries.
    I hope you have a relaxing evening; I'm sure much needed after being busy sorting things out. Take care. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @PopCorn

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Anne_2021
    Anne_2021 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Welcome to the group @PopCorn. I am a newbie here aswell. So far so good, everyone very friendly and helpful ?Will say don't know much about wheelchair use. But can I offer a little advice. My Dad  was in a wheelchair for a sort while ,he needed things to make things easier at home ,dont think we paid for anything. Most things were free or donated. He even had a stair lift donated by a local charity ( it was quite a few years ago now in Shropshire) but you never know. Anyway this a great place for a rant or two ???

Brightness