Waiting for dession of pip. The nurse that did the assessment said 4 weeks, but letter says 8. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for dession of pip. The nurse that did the assessment said 4 weeks, but letter says 8.

Emma1968
Emma1968 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Nurse did my assement  said 4 weeks  but pip sent  me letter  saying 8  weeks   my f2f call lasted  hour  on the phone 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

There are no fixed timescales bit they suggest 8 weeks for a decision but due to backlogs it could be longer it could also be quicker 

Just a waiting game I'm afraid 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hiya ?
    Mine took just under 10 weeks so its taking a while sometimes? Others taken 2 weeks its like @janer1967 said its a waiting game and different for different people based on where you live or how much other work your decision maker has to do backlog etc? So all you can do is wait up to the 8 weeks and then call them maybe if you still havent heard anything?
    But the assessor cant really say how long it takes as they are not in same place I don't think? And also the phonecalls take lots of different times mine was 2.5 hours long ? lol and other people have only been on call 30 minutes so again its all just a waiting and guessing game unfortunately ☹️ and nobody not even pip can say how long most of the time they guess too! 
    I hope you get your decision ASAP and its the right one! ???
  • Emma1968
    I now  if you  get answe soon  could mean no   friend of mine went  for attandance allowance  in week.later  got  answer saying no  that was this year 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Emma1968 said:
    Nurse did my assement  said 4 weeks ..
    The nurse should not be offering advice about DWP procedures.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Emma1968

Attendance allowance isn't the same process as pip so can't really compare 

Also quick decisions don't always mean a claim isn't successful especially if all the evidence clearly indicates an award should be given 

The timescales are mainly down to workload of the decision maker and nothing else 

Some claims Also get sent back to assessors to be looked at again 
  • Emma1968
    Ten weeks  is 29th  sept  from f2f call  
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Mine took 6 weeks from assessment to payment.
  • Emma1968
    If that's  right  1st sept  is 6  weeks 
    Did you get text saying  got  your report  and letter saying got all the evidence 
  • hughiemachrins
    @Emma1968 Yes I got the text and the letter. I also got a message saying they had received the extra evidence I sent after I saw the assessors report. 
  • Emma1968
    Said  got all  my   evidence  letter came this week  date  4  august   so I'm waiting to see if they  give to  me   tired 3 years ago  got 0  points   hoping I  can get  the points this time 
  • Emma1968
    I wait  for  my  dession 
  • hughiemachrins
    @Emma1968 Good luck but don't panic if you don't get it. The assessors report gave me 6 points in Daily Living and 0 on Mobility. I wrote to them explaining my condition and saying how I believed it hadn't been properly detailed in the report. When I got the letter I had 8 points DL and 10 Mobility. Don't give up! 
  • Emma1968
    That's all  I want 8  points 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.