New Member — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Options
MrsSimonlebon1
MrsSimonlebon1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi Everyone
My Name is Sharon, I am 50, And I Have Cerebral Paulsey and Curvature of the spine.
I have just moved into Sheltered accommodation, which I actually Love.
And I am very Lucky because my Parents are Literally next door.
I Was born with Cerebral paulsey, and it effects the Right Side of My body,
They pressed Too hard on the Forrest's on the left side of My head during birth Which caused My Disability.
I am Quite independent but at the moment I'm going through a bit of a bad time.
Before I moved to My New apartment.
I had a really nasty fall, And broke my right hip And My leg in 2 place's.
I Was on the floor for nearly 2 Hours until the Ambulance came.
I had a Hip operation around 7 week's but one of the screw's have come out And it's floating around in my hip, but I've just got to wait for the hospital to contact me for another operation.
I tell you the pain is Terrible And being on the right side too it's effecting My Back My leg and My foot.
I suffer from Depression, so you can imagine I'm so down at the moment.
But I have My little Man, he is a minicher pincher which is a toy Doberman, he is such a great dog ?
And he keeps me going.
I'm looking forward to meeting you all
Sharon.x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself 

I'm sorry for all that you are going through but you appear to have a positive attitude 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

We have a cp section which may interest you and have virtual coffee meetings with other members 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @MrsSimonlebon1 :) 

Thanks for sharing some information about yourself. I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope that you hear from the hospital soon. Are they helping you to manage your pain until you can get another operation? 

I'm also sorry to hear that you're feeling low due to your depression at the moment. Is that something you're receiving any support for? 

I'm very jealous of your dog!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MrsSimonlebon1 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining with your lovely introduction. It's great to read how much you enjoy your new home, but I'm sorry to read about your fractured hip (& other fractures in your leg). I fractured my hip 5 years ago after a bad fall, & know how painful that alone can be. I have a plate & 2 screws in mine, & am so sorry that one of your screws has come loose. I hope you get to hear soon about getting this sorted & it then helps reduce your pain.
    Oh, our pets are so important, & thank you for sharing a photo of your little dog. I have a very mischievous cat, but also look after my son's little Bedlington terrier when he & his wife are working shifts that would mean he would be left alone too long. I enjoy having him, but it can be a bit fraught as he chases my cat!  :/

Brightness