Hi, my name is Margaret — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Margaret

Heard
Heard Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Morning I have diabetes, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, diabetes nerve damage, I am in constant pain pain killers don't do much for me but it's getting people to understand what I am going threw that's the worst 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I am diabetic too also an amputee and visually impaired 

We all have varying conditions here and support each other 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Good afternoon @Heard - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. Have you thought about discussing your pain medication further with your GP, or see if they could refer you to a pain clinic? I certainly understand about chronic daily pain, & it's taken me time to find pain medication that's the most helpful in dampening it down a bit with my GP's support.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @heard and a warm welcome from me too - how is your Sunday going?

Chronic pain can be horrendous to live with, I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I do wonder, like @chiarieds mentioned, if speaking with your doctor some more and exploring a referral to a pain clinic might help?  What do you think to that?

We have a 'Dealing with chronic pain' category where members share their stories and experiences that you might find handy to read.  And I saw you mentioned that it's getting people to understand that's the worst  :( - this is something we're talking about on this 'How do you find life with an invisible impairment?' thread.  Feel free to join in if you wish.

I hope you are having a relaxing weekend.  Please ask away with any questions you might have and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Heard
    Heard Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there yes I have spoken to my doctor and yes he did refer me to pain clinic I had a letter to ring them which I did and they told me that they were not seeing anybody at mo while this vivid is still about when it's gone they will contact me it's a laugh really 

Brightness