I had my assessment last week. It's with the DM. How long can it take for them to make a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my assessment last week. It's with the DM. How long can it take for them to make a decision?

Options
cherieluxton96
cherieluxton96 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all im wondering if theres anyone who could help i had my pip assesment via telephone last week (13th august) i have recived a text today (18th) august stating they now have the written report and will contact me when a decsision is made does anyone know how long this can take?i am in wales and was assesed by capita thanks in advance xx

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cherieluxton96 - & welcome to the community. It obviously varies, but the average seems to be 8 weeks between your assessment & getting a decision letter.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @cherieluxton96 :) Just to let you know, I've renamed your post so that it's easier for other members to find. 

As chiarieds has said, waiting times vary, so it'd be difficult to tell you exactly how long it'll be. 

How do you feel the assessment went? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • cherieluxton96
    cherieluxton96 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks all i will wait a few weeks ive seen some posts of people asking for a copy of the written assesment would i be able to ask for that? Im so anxious as i feel the assesment went very quick
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can do @cherieluxton96. Some people find this makes them more anxious, however, as you'll still have to wait for the decision letter to come through to see what you've actually been awarded. 

Try not to worry too much about the length of the assessment. It could just be that they already felt they had quite a lot of information from your form. Did you feel as though you had enough time to elaborate on your answers and give the examples you wanted? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Glad your question has been answered 

Good luck with your claim let us know how you get on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.