Hello <3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello <3

SaintB
SaintB Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited August 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hullo everyone :smiley: my name is Saint and it's nice to meet you.

I'm autistic and have a few other mental health and such problems under my belt and am a carer for my mother. In a way we help each other out which helps a lot with coping with everything. I recently got the LCWRA part of Universal Credit which is a huge relief for the pair of us and I'm less nervous for the future now.

I'm big on computer stuff, videogames, tabletop games, reading and art which is what I do as a hobby currently and one day in future I hope i can cope/get well enough to go into funeral work. The pandemic has admittedly really brought a lot of my progress backwards mental health wise, hard to not feel anxious leaving the house and jump at every little louder noise but I'm sure I'll get there in future.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself and hope to see you around 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Hello @SaintB It's lovely to meet you too.  How's your day been so far?

I can imagine being placed in the LCWRA was a mighty relief and I'm so glad to hear it's made you less apprehensive about the future.  You mention you have aspirations to go into funeral work.  Wow!  I find this a fascinating career choice, what do you think you'd find appealing about working in that area?

The pandemic has affected many of our members similarly I'm afraid.  I think gentle small steps are the way forward and not being too hard on ourselves on days we have wobbles.  You will get there I'm sure.

I can see you've already made a few posts already, but if you haven't ventured too far around our community I'd recommend browsing our different chat categories and maybe posting in our coffee lounge to see if you can find any fellow computer folk and gamers (I know @Ross_Scope is definitely one - he's back in on Friday  :) ).

Also, our Kaleidoscope thread is a virtual gallery where our members showcase their artworks and crafts, so if you fancy sharing pictures of your artwork in there, please feel free.

Take care and thanks for telling us more about you.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SaintB - & welcome to this friendly community. Thank you for joining & telling us about yourself. Congratulations too on being awarded LCWRA. :)

Brightness