Hi, my name is phrank! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is phrank!

phrank
phrank Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi I have just joined the site and this is my opening message.

Hello all,

Phrank.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    phrank said:
    Hi I have just joined the site and this is my opening message.

Hello all,

Phrank.
    Hello there and welcome to the community, very nice to see you join us today. How are you getting on?

Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • phrank
    How do you do (posh for hi) 
    Hi there Excoriated my first message back to me!
  • phrank
    Hi there, 

I'm ok thank you. Better than the weather, as they say.

• phrank
    I'm just coming up to state pension age so not so young anymore. Not much else to say - well I dabble in art, writing and sometimes plinkety plonk on the ukulele.

I'm not into reading books at the moment I just sort of let lifestyle TV repeats wash over me in the evenings like A New Life in the Sun, Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun,  Find it, Fix it, Flog it and other such rubbish.

Phrank.

• phrank
    I want to retire but plan to keep my brain active.

So, I haven't written much for quite some time but have been reading some of my old stuff and it's giving me some inspiration to give it another go.

I used to write fiction, mainly short stories and sometimes articles -- a bit published in mainstream women's  magazines, but mainly small press.

I'm just an ameteur when it comes to the ukulele. I did join a group, but gave that up some years ago. I only play the basic chords but pick it up now and again and have a good strum.

I like to have a go at finger-picking the strings but make mistakes all the time. I'm so ham-fisted! 

I like to watch anything historic - there was a good documentary on channel 5 about the history of the Tower of london which I enjoyed.

I am just trying to prioritise what I would really like to do next but am mulling it over at the moment.

• phrank
    Yep. I think we all want to get back to normal after this nightmare 18 months. Yes, I will have a good look around the site, thanks. 

Am going to watch a couple of Savage Hunters: The Restorers, in a bit that I recorded on the Quest channel. Fascinating how they do the restorations.
  • phrank
    Thank you, and likewise. Take care, too.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @phrank - & welcome to the community. It's good to see you chatting here. You may also like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' which is where we play the word games Excoriated mentioned. Hope to see you there. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • phrank
    Hi there, Excoriated. Yes, thanks I did enjoy both of them. I watched two Salvage Hunters then a bit of You Tube to finish the night off. I like The Repair Shop, too. I like anything arty or crafty.
  • phrank
    Hi there, janer and chiareds,

Hope you are well and thank you for the welcome.
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Hi @phrank don't take this the wrong way and apologies if it's not you . Did you get your paper based review sorted.
  • phrank
    Nice to hear from you, that sounds good. Something to look forward to next year.
  • phrank

Hi Cazza, yes it is me lol. I put a post on the pip section I think it is if you care to read it. I only joined this site yesterday so am trying to get to grips with it. I'm not sure who you are, though?
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I'm just a nosy glaswegian, I had seen your post a while ago on another site about your issues with PIP. It makes interesting reading , 

Brightness