How to scan/copy my evidence for PIP form? ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to scan/copy my evidence for PIP form? ?

Dee78
Dee78 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
Hello all!
Just a quick question, be great if you have any answers please! I'm filling in my PIP Award Review form. I need to send them lots of photocopies of evidence too ( eg doctors letters etc) Do you think I can just use the scanning App on my smartphone to make a PDF, and then print this out? It looks pretty clear, it just touches up the contrast a bit. DWP won't think it's 'fake'?!
I just don't want to spend lots of time standing in front of a photocopier (pain and money!), nor lots of time in a library doing it (Covid!)
Thanks very much☺️☺️

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I don't see any problem with that.
    Can't see them questioning the authenticity but even if the did you have the originals so...
  • Dee78
    Thanks very much Cress! That's a good point, they can always ask to see the originals. I am reassured.
    The phone scans of the letters are readable, that's the main thing, they just do look a little wonky as the phone app does weird things with the image cropping!  ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure they won't think it's fake but money spent photo copying the PIP form and evidence is money well spent.
    Don't send them reams of evidence they probably won't read half of it, just send everything that is both relevant and fairly recent.
    Good luck.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Dee78
    Thanks Woodbine! much appreciate the advice. I have probably included too much,I should choose the best. Though I do see a ridiculous amount of different hospital people, who all write letters ☺️! 
  • Dee78
    Thanks Woodbine! much appreciate the advice. I have probably included too much,I should choose the best. Though I do see a ridiculous amount of different hospital people, who all write letters ☺️! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Sending huge amounts of evidence isn't helpful unless it's states exactly how your conditions affect you. I would spend a little time to go through everything and think to yourself "will this be helpful" if the answer is no then don't send it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dee78
    Thanks Poppy! Appreciate the good advice ☺️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.