Hi, my name is nehak123! Need help with previous address on uc application — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nehak123! Need help with previous address on uc application

Options
nehak123
nehak123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
So basically I have moved into a new property and making a new claim of uc I was living at a flat before but was using my mums postal address because my letters were being stolen and my bank accounts were being hacked now uc have asked if I have lived anywhere else in the last 6 months do I give my flat address or my mums address because I am using her address for post she's on benefits aswell so don't want her to get in trouble either so confused 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,262 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

You say a new claim, are you already claiming UC? If so then you don't need to make a new claim, just report a change of circumstances.
    To answer your question, you need to give the address of where you lived.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome to the community,

I would use the address you physically lived at, so your flat address. However they might ask for proof of address in which you could explain that you used your mums as a mail address and give that aslong with your flat addess.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• poppy123456
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Duplicate thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/83447/hi-my-name-is-nehak123-need-help-with-previous-address-on-uc-application#latest @Cher_Scope @Ross_Scope could you please join the 2 threads together to save confusion please.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nehak123
    Options
    rubin16 said:
    Hi welcome to the community,

I would use the address you physically lived at, so your flat address. However they might ask for proof of address in which you could explain that you used your mums as a mail address and give that aslong with your flat addess.
    Thank you does make sense and plus I have all proof of address at my new flat now so they shouldn't r4ally be asking for previous address proof right  
  • nehak123
    Options
    @poppy123456 sorry I posted twice I am not good with this new here. I haven't claimed yet will be making a claim for the first time and they are asking if I lived anywhere else in the last 6 months and I recently moved to my new address so I should give my flat address where I lived makes sense right just the problem I don't have proof of address for the old address as I am using my mums postal address but they shouldn't really be asking for proof of address of my old address I am guessing 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They wouldn't ask for proof of address from where you previously lived. They would only aks for it for your new address. If you're claiming for help with any rent and you're privately renting you will need to tenancy agreement as proof of liablity to pay rent.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @nehak123 and a warm welcome to our community, how are you today?

Just to let you know, I've merged your threads together and deleted a duplicate post just to help keep all replies to yourself in this one spot :)  There's no need to apologise, it can be confusing when you first join!  I hope our members responses have helped answer your question.

Please ask away with any other questions you might have and have a fab Thursday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.