Does the 3 month delay still apply even when a backdated amount is due that's over 3 months? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does the 3 month delay still apply even when a backdated amount is due that's over 3 months?

tru88le
tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does the 3 month delay still apply even when a backdated amount is due that is over 3 months 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    No, The waiting period starts from when you reported the health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tru88le
    So i should already be getting it paid  from august 2020 seeing as first fit note was in May 2020, wonder if it will be in my Sept 7th payment...
    Of course it wont be.

• tru88le
    I wonder if someone can shed light on why there is a delay here, its about 6 weeks since being given the award letter.
  • poppy123456
    When it's paid from exactly will depend on the date you reported the health condition and the dates of the assessment period.

I'd advise you to put a note on your journal under the payment section to ask when you're going to receive the backdated money owed.

I did this when i was waiting for my daughters backdated money. They recalculated the statements a couple of hours later. Payment made that day as a fast payment. Funds in the bank later than day.

When your statements are re-calculated the previous statements will be overrided so you may want to take copies of the statements.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tru88le
    Thanks
    I've put many notes in the journal about this under the payment section and a few other sections
    I think they have not paid it because i am in the 3 month waiting period and they are taking it as starting from when it was awarded.
    I hope i'm wrong.
  • tru88le
    I've sent it yet again but in your words.
    Maybe i'm letting my emotions interfere and i'm getting on their nerves.
  • poppy123456
    What may help is to word it this way.... Hello, i reported my health condition on X date and continued to send fit notes with no gaps throughout that time. On X date i was awarded LCWRA. The 3 months waiting period starts from when you report a health condition therefore my calculations say i'm owed money from X date.

I hope it's sorted soon.
  • tru88le
    Okay, I worded it that way, fit note was may 2020., they said effective date is 21st July 2020 so after tak8ng another month its from October 21st 2020
    The award letter was 6 weeks ago.
    Thx
  • tru88le
    Umm @poppy123456 it seems your wording suggestion worked.
    It could have been just due to be considered but after so many from myself it seems fair to give you credit for it.
    Thanks
    So I got first payment of LCWRA it seems even if your first fitnote is a year ago you still wait 3 minths to get paid then if its applicable any backdated money due comes afterwards.
    A week after first payment I sent a note and they eplied its with the decision maker and did I still have the fitnote... , I had the fit note still, according to everything it gets backdated to your first submission of evidence, but with my luck I didnt kniw, so n9w I know its being looked at at least, tho if i hadnt got the fitnote and couldnt replace it then its in their hands then and I know what would happen  on that case

• poppy123456
    tru88le said:

So I got first payment of LCWRA it seems even if your first fitnote is a year ago you still wait 3 minths to get paid then if its applicable any backdated money due comes afterwards.

Always happy to help. This isn't correct. The 3 month waiting period starts from when you first reported your health condition but it's 3 full assessment periods. The LCWRA is then paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    You do not need to wait a further 3 months for them to start adding the LCWRA element as it's usually paid in the next payment. Sometimes it can take them a few weeks to recalculate your statements to work out how much exactly they owe you. They can drag their heals sometimes and a little nudge here and there often works.
    When my daughter was found to have LCWRA it took them a week to recalculate the past statements but i did have to put a note on her journal to remind them.
  • tru88le
    I was actually given the award after an MR that I didnt ask for! They initiated the MR on the basis of a comment in my journal where I quoted the case manager saying it would be backdated. Strange.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.