EHCP Appeal and the La wanting to suddenly re-assess child — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

EHCP Appeal and the La wanting to suddenly re-assess child

Options
wigburt
wigburt Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have noticed a few people on here are also asking for advice on appeals, the local authority is now asking for permission from me to re-assess my child even though his EHCP was completed less than 6 months ago, it seems very suspicious to me that I file an appeal to change the school named in his plan and now they want to re-assess my child, anybody had this happen.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wigburt

Sorry to hear you feel the re-assessment corresponded with your appeal to change the school named. This must have been frustrating for you. It would seem every local authority has a different procedure for EHCP's but my local authority states "We must review an EHCP at least once within every 12-month period. The school, college or other provider usually arranges and leads the annual review meeting. The first review meeting should take place ten months after we send out the first EHCP. A review may take place sooner than 12 months if: your child is transferring to a new school or college or there has been a significant change in their health, care or educational needs which affects the support they require" (https://www.devon.gov.uk/education-and-families/send-local-offer/education-health-and-care-plans/reviewing-and-reassessing-ehcps/). I hope this helps! Has anyone else had a similar experience to @wigburt
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness