Away with pain website — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Away with pain website

chiarieds
chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
This may be of interest to others who also suffer with chronic pain for a variety of reasons.

I've just been reading this week's email newsletter which I get from my support group & this site was mentioned. I've had a look around part of the 'Away with pain' website, & feel it may help others. Please note, I don't however endorse it in any way.

Wondering if other websites, which might help those with chronic pain, together with any other resources, could be put in one place under 'Dealing with chronic pain.' Thank you.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chiarieds

Thanks for sharing this website with others who may also benefit from it. Please can I ask how the website could help others with chronic pain? what is their main focus and what are their main roles? I think this may help others to know in advance if it could benefit them. Also, I like your idea about combining resources into a single discussion post  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @L_Volunteer - I posted this link 2 years ago, & the site appears to be no longer active. I generally recommend the following website due to my physio background, & also one from the NHS. Please see: https://ppa.csp.org.uk/content/links-people-living-pain
    https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/ways-to-manage-chronic-pain/
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chiarieds

Thanks for providing more updated resources for our community members (and myself). Very helpful and kind of you  :) Always great when we are able to use our own background to support others
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • chiarieds
    You're welcome @L_Volunteer - I'm also interested in chronic pain issues. There's also a diaphragmatic breathing exercise, which helps with pain & stress, & some gentle exercises in this link under 'Exercise': https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75929/coping-with-stress-low-mood-and-isolation-a-support-thread/p1

• L_Volunteer
    Very interesting! I have heard some good things about breathing exercises. Do you find them helpful?  :)

• chiarieds
    Certainly @L_Volunteer - I used to teach them, & now practise what I taught! Indeed I find it rather difficult to remember how to breathe wrongly, as I'm so used to breathing the right way. Watch how a baby or young child breathes; as adults we often forget how. Breathing correctly, i.e. diaphragmatic breathing, has been found to relieve both stress, & pain.
  • L_Volunteer
    Very insightful response. Thanks @chiarieds :)

Brightness