If I had assessment and was declined before end of extension, would extension be cancelled? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I had assessment and was declined before end of extension, would extension be cancelled?

fali0599
fali0599 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,

I have received a pip extension from June till September 2021. I was wondering, if I had my assessment and was declined PIP during this time would that extension be cancelled? Or will they continue to pay until September and then cancel it?

thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

If you are assessed the new decision will cancel out any award you have currently so the answer is yes the extension would end 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    fali0599 said:
    Hi everyone,

I have received a pip extension from June till September 2021. I was wondering, if I had my assessment and was declined PIP during this time would that extension be cancelled? Or will they continue to pay until September and then cancel it?

thanks 
    If you have an assessment and a new decision is made that ends the existing award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • realestate
    realestate Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hello, The answer for this is Yes sir, it would end.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.