How can I progress getting a WCA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I progress getting a WCA?

Options
jayuk
jayuk Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone

I read the forum daily and Im hoping you could give me some advice.
Im currently on sick from work from 1st of dec 2020. I dont think i can return to work as even being redeployed i dont think i could handle even doing a sit down job.

Here are my questions

I get contribution esa but before that as i didn't realise i had to send sick notes in i just notified uc of my health and gave the date of my sick note and was getting 140 a month off them plus my half pay wages. I noticed when i was due to get payed it had was recieving zero from them and said i was getting esa.  I rang esa as hadnt received any payments and got this sorted by sending the a copy of my sicknote.

I have been asking from 13th july in uc journal for a work capacity assesment form to be sent out as advised by cab. To this day i have still not received one and get getting a message back saying someone from jc will get in touch but haven't.

Im really stressing out as i want to get it filled out and to see if i would get LCWRA ad this will be what i need so i dont have to return to work. I worked out its now 59 days i have been waiting for the form.

Another question

If i am  dismissed on ill health i will get 3 months pay plus holidays i am owed it will work out about 6000, would uc take all this off me. I just dont know how it works and would be grateful for any advice.

Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    What ESA are you getting? Are you in the Support Group? Have you had an ESA assessment or returned an ESA 50 health form?

If you have capital over £6000 your UC will reduce by 4.35/month for every £250, or part thereof, over £6000.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jayuk
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    I get esa contribution credit and half pay wages.
    I dont think i am in the support group. I was told by esa that uc would be sending me uc 50 form but had nothing off them even tho i have asked on my journal for work assessment capacity form and still not had one sent out, ive been asking since july.
  • calcotti
    Options
    You refer to contribution based ESA which would mean you have been on it a long time. I infer you are actually getting new style ESA (which is contribution based).

I really don’t know how best to escalate this if UC are not responding to your messages, the UC50 should be sent out without the need to chase.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had to chase my daughters after about 6 weeks. I put a message onto her journa politely asking them if they could refer her for the work capability assessment as it had been X amount of days. Within a couple of hours a letter was uploaded saying she had been referred and i received the UC50 2 days later.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jayuk
    Options
    Hi poppy thanks for your reply, ive sent messages on my journal and they keep saying they will message the job centre then dont get a message back. I have just sent them another message so hoping will get something back. I feel like im a pain for keep messaging but i just want to know what is going on.
  • jayuk
    Options
    Hi calcotti

I have only been on contribution base esa since june as my ssp ran out. im new to all this so must be new style. i read this forum to try and get as much info and which is really helpful, but memory doesnt like to remember things :(
  • calcotti
    Options
    Yes it's 'new style' ESA then.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jayuk How are you today?

It's great to hear you're a regular visitor to the community and I hope our members advice has helped you better understand how to progress getting a WCA.  I appreciate it can be frustrating having to continually chase for this, but you are by no means being 'a pain' rather requesting something you are entitled to so please don't feel too disheartened.

I've amended the title of your thread to help others spot your question and it would be fab if you could keep us updated with how you get on.  Good luck and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jayuk
    Options
    Hi Cher

Very tired today but thanks for asking ?.

The forum is great and helped me so much as i wouldn't of had a clue and little bits here and there from other peoples experiences has helped.

I have had a response saying this but wont hold my breath until i get a response from jc.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we can only escalate it through email. I have escalated it to the Job centre Manager . JC will provide the response through the journal message.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once a referral has been made a letter will be on your journal. In the meantime you could get ahead of them by starting to fill out the form because the deadline for returning is very strict. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uc50-form-universal-credit-capability-for-work-questionnaire
    Remember to add as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you and use extra sheets of paper (adding your name and NI number to everything) because there's never enough of room on the form.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jayuk
    Options
    Thank you i will do that. You have all been helpful aand hopefully i will be able to return the favour.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.