If I do a PIP MR, would I continue to get my payments? When would a payment be backdated to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I do a PIP MR, would I continue to get my payments? When would a payment be backdated to?

yoohyeoniee
yoohyeoniee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. A couple of days ago I received my PIP award letter. i was granted 9 points and standard rate of PIP. In my booklet I said how there are periods where i do not eat for a few days at a time, however in my letter they have said they cant award me the needs prompting to take nutrition because i always eat at least one meal a day. I am currently under CAB and they have told me to think it over whether it would be worth it for me to do an MR. does anyone have any advice on whether I should go forward with the MR or not? If i did do an MR would i continue to get PIP and if i was successful in getting enhanced rate would it be backdated to the begginning of my claim.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    yoohyeoniee said:.. there are periods where i do not eat for a few days at a time..
    Remember PIP is about how you are on the majority of days. Taken over a twelve month would you go without food unless prompted on the majority of days?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes payments will continue. No one here can advise you what you should do because we don't know exaclty how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    yoohyeoniee said:.. if i was successful in getting enhanced rate would it be backdated to the begginning of my claim.
    If the MR resulted in an increased award it would be backdated to the beginning of the claim (assuming this is your first assessment).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • yoohyeoniee
    Thank you everyone, I guess the biggest worry is whether they would take my standrard rate award away if I decided to do the MR. I generally do need prompting and without that it could be the majority of days a week and throught the year.
  • Snow92
    Snow92 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    edited September 2021
    you could go for MR but gov website says your benefit may increase,decrease,stop or stay the same following mandatory reconsideration just so your aware ... as @calcotti says its how your condition affects you on majority of days have you got any new evidence which would back up your claim about not eating for several days? if so then give the MR a go it just might go in your favour 
  • yoohyeoniee
    I have a CCN who has given evidence before and i am sure he would be more than happy to write another letter to back up what i am saying.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.