I've been awarded LCWRA, but only have back pay of 2 months. Does that seem right? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA, but only have back pay of 2 months. Does that seem right?

Options
Elliemay2010
Elliemay2010 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I've been awarded Lcwra but I have a question about backdated claims.  I was sending in sick notes, and I had an assessment over the phone. I was then told about 3 months later they could not make a decision based on this assessment. I'd been in a dark place and to be honest some of  it's a blur. I just left it. I then think either I went to the GP or the job centre asked me to- I can't remember which , and started handing them to the job centre around February 2021 until present . I had another phone assessment in June 2021- then just this week they awarded me limited capability for work and work-related activity. They have only given me back pay of 2 months. Does this seem right or fair?  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Was February the first time you handed in the fit notes? There's a 3 full months assessment period waiting time and then you're paid the extra money in the 4th month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Elliemay2010
    Options
    Hi well I was handing them in before that and had an ass but there was no decision made, I just stopped. Then restarted again after hubby redundancy as they asked for them. So I'd been handing them in, then stopped, then started again in Feb. 
  • wheelzz
    wheelzz Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    I think that if you have a break in fit notes without valid reason then you will not be backdated for the periods of not handing in fit notes
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds as if February 2021 is being taken as the date you reported your health condition in which case the extra money would be payable from June or July depending on the exact date the Fit Note started from and the dates your monthly UC assessment periods cover.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Elliemay2010
    Options
    OK thanks all. ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.