What can I claim whilst working 15 hours a week? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What can I claim whilst working 15 hours a week?

Mrsb1985
Mrsb1985 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Everyone, 

I am needing some advice. I suffer with Bipolar type 2, Depression and fibromyalgia. I am currently working 30 hrs per week, however I am really struggling with working that amount of hours and could do with reducing my working hours right down, or eventually giving up work, however the only other contract my work has is 15 hours per week. 

Is there any benefit like ESA that I could claim whilst working 15 hours a week??

My husband works full time and earns £22k per year
I currently claim PIP (Low Rate Care) 

Any advice/help would be great?
Tagged:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Hello @Mrsb1985 and a warm welcome to the community! Some of our members will be along shortly to advise you regarding benefits - I just wanted to welcome you and let you know that if there is anything else you need help with then please don't hesitate to ask :)
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You could use a benefit calculator to check entitlement to UC - but unless you have children and/or rent to pay there may be no entitlement given your joint earnings.
    When working out what you might get your husband will be able to claim the carer element for looking after you (if you mean standard rate Daily Living PIP). If you were declare a health condition you could be referred for a work assessment and if found to have LCWRA this would increase your entitlement.
    https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Mrsb1985 :) How are you doing today? I hope that calcotti's reply above has been helpful.

Are you receiving enough support for your health conditions, including your mental health? 

Do you have any reasonable adjustments (Scope) at work? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.